Blood+

Whatever anime you like!

Moderator: sonic

Spica

Blood+

Post by Spica »

The english language Production I.G. website now has information on the Blood+ anime series, as well as the first few episodes.

here's the link: http://www.productionig.com/contents/wo ... index.html
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
-Hamlet
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

I enjoyed watching Blood the Last Vampire, it was very short but an amazing anime film. From what I read that Blood+ is set on an alternate Earth to the Blood the Last Vampire film, like SAC is set on a parallel Earth to the events in the Ghost in the Shell film.

Has anyone seen any of the episodes of Blood+ and how are they?
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

I've only recently seen Blood the Last Vampire and enjoyed it (considering the length). Is there any news of a US version?
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

All I know about the US release of the Blood+ anime series is that Sony Pictures is going to release the DVD volumes of it in America and in Europe and that Kari Wahlgren (who did the English voice of Robin in Witch Hunter Robin) is going to do the English voice of Saya in Blood+.

I have watched a compilation movie of the first five or six episodes of Blood+ on my Sony PSP by downloading them off the Internet for free and legally. On the PSP web browser, type in http://blood.aii.co.jp/mobile/index.html there you can download the compilation movie of the first five episodes in the orignal Japanese for free but there are no subtitles and there is a time limit to watch it. I found this by browsing through the official Japanese Sony PSP website on my PSP and I found a link to free trial periods of Blood+ episodes, so the aii website must have a deal with Sony to release trial versions of anime episodes for the PSP for free.
Gillsing

Post by Gillsing »

Motoko2030 wrote:Has anyone seen any of the episodes of Blood+ and how are they?
The animation looks good, but I wouldn't buy DVDs just to watch the series. I just don't think the story is that good, and neither is the action or the world they're showing. On the other hand I'm a jaded cheapskate with too many webcomics to read, so spending money on more entertainment isn't high on my list of things to do.
Recommended cyberpunk:
ImageImage
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Is there a chance of AS perhaps airing it? Seems like the stereotypical anime they'd grab up. Or could it be too violent?
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

From little of the series that I have seen there is a lot of blood in the series, so Adult Swim might have to edit out some of the scenes depending on what time slot they air it.