Barry Sanders

Everything else you want to talk about!

Moderator: sonic

simon's ghost

Barry Sanders

Post by simon's ghost »

I just noticed the contrast with other users and it reminded me of Jeff's reaction when I sent the pic for my avatar. And I was wondering, does it bother anyone? I realize it's kind of out of place, but is it really? Just a thought. I understand it's not all that important, but I cant't help but to ask.
Oh well.
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

lol, It always wondered me.

I assumed it was a pic of you, lol.
Gillsing

Post by Gillsing »

Well, I can't say that I like the way it looks, but no, it doesn't bother me. I don't even know who this "Barry Sanders" is. To me he looks like "simon's ghost". ;)
Recommended cyberpunk:
ImageImage
Elmo

Post by Elmo »

I've been assuming he's an american football/basketball/hockey player and the #20 could be his shirt number? but yeh, he just looks like 'simon's ghost' to me too. ;)
Last edited by Elmo on Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joseph Cambell wrote:Myths are public dreams, dreams are private myths.
simon's ghost

Post by simon's ghost »

ok, just fine then. btw barry sanders was a pro (american)football player, now in the pro football hall of fame. he was known for his ability to litterally disappear from a defender's field of vision with his crazy moves, speed and agility, and I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHY I'M TELLING YOU ALL THIS STUFF :shock: but now you know. Personnaly I just enjoy it when people do amazing stuff, not the sword-swallowing, I-can-stick-a-hook-in-my-cheek kind of freak stuff, but athletic and intellectual prowess really is a thrill to me. I guess it comes from knowing first hand how important it is to try to reach your potential with any given talent instead of letting it go to waste... I have a link somewhere to some really impressive videos, I'll check that out later. ahem ( :oops: lame attempt to connect this to GitS) this guy could do stuff you'd think only a cyborg can do! :lol:
Oh well.
simon's ghost

Post by simon's ghost »

http://www.detroitlions.com/document_di ... _id=320371

there you go, the movies are about 5 min. each I think. Impressive stuff. Like looking at motoko make a 50ft leap... not.
Oh well.
Spica

Post by Spica »

I've always thought that your Barry Sanders avatar was kind of a weird choice, and I've never much liked it (I hate sports), but the choice of avatar is up to the user, so you should stick with it if you like it (I'm all for free will).
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
-Hamlet
simon's ghost

Post by simon's ghost »

Well, I grew up admiring him because I played at the same position mostly, but I chose the avatar because I just thought he looked funny and sympathetic...and completely out of place.
Oh well.