Time to binge watch all my GitS again

Everything else you want to talk about!

Moderator: sonic

Freitag

Time to binge watch all my GitS again

Post by Freitag »

Stay healthy y'all.
People tend to look at you a little strangely when they know you stuff voodoo dolls full of Ex-Lax.
Chroma

Post by Chroma »

Just ordered myself SAC and 2nd Gig on bluray.

Take care of you as well Freitag (but we all know we weren't going out anyway before the pandemic, right?)
Freitag

Post by Freitag »

It's true. My life hasn't changed much at all because of this.

I know someone who was distantly related to a person on that cruise ship that wasn't allowed to dock, but that is my only connection to what's out there. The rest of it is like reading news from another planet.
People tend to look at you a little strangely when they know you stuff voodoo dolls full of Ex-Lax.
simon's ghost

Post by simon's ghost »

Back in spring, it still wasn't exactly good timing with the glorious weather we got around here.

Now that winter is settling in, I might isolate and give all my old DVD's another run. Everyone around me is catching that second wave, it seems.

Stay healthy, people.
Oh well.
Freitag

Post by Freitag »

I got my cousin to watch the live action Ghost in the Shell. It took a lot of convincing because I had told her about the series before I learned that she hate a all animated shows.
She liked it. (well duh, it's not a bad story) And then she thought she might like to see the original.

So with great anticipation I showed her the second release of the first movie (streaming from amazon). I used 2.0 because my original is in SD format and on a modern screen it gets pixelated and it's overlay dark in many places. Sadly she was not enthralled. She fell asleep several times. She cannot identify with animated characters - I think she's experiencing Uncanny Valley effects. But she also suffers from the syndrome that says "drawn characters are cartoons and cartoons are for children"

So while I got to watch two of my favorite movies I failed to bring a new fan into the fold.