Who doesn't have an ambiguous relationship towards sleep?

Everything else you want to talk about!

Moderator: sonic

Purifying Flame of Justic
Location: The Outer Plane of Xatorsika; Pondering upon my own existence, what path in life shall I embark on?

Who doesn't have an ambiguous relationship towards sleep?

Post by Purifying Flame of Justic »

I mean on the one hand I love to sleep, I througly do. but I'll have to get up at some point! damn it!

and on the other I actually have to sleep :lol: its just not funny - I mean there's so many things I could do but my brain just wont keep up! Curse it :evil:

*wanders off *
"It is terrible to die of thirst on the ocean.
Does your truth have to be so salty that it can no longer even - quench thirst?" Nietzsche
Elmo

Post by Elmo »

pfft... sleep is for mortals.

All my best work is done when I'm sleep deprived and being sustained only by caffine and haribo. But then after a couple of nights sans sleep I get paranoid and try to make war on the ninjas who stalk my attic... in conclusion;

sleep = annoying but probably worthwhile.
Creeping through your attic wielding a katana at 3 am = priceless. :D
Joseph Cambell wrote:Myths are public dreams, dreams are private myths.
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

getting an xbox 360 has not improved my sleeping habits,
especially when i plan on getting up early to hit the gym....
but i'm always a night person...i get my best inspirations
around 1:30....usually the time when i do my best writing.
Tonks_kittygoth
Location: The dark dark woods where the kitten monsters live....or happy la la land, my summer home.

Post by Tonks_kittygoth »

Happiness is working third shift.... in a situation where you can do your stuff of course.

I read some interview with Neil Gaiman where he was throuroughly baffeled that his friend who was also a writer supported by his writing, actually worked on a nine to five shedule on purpose. He said something to the point of ..Isnt that the point of doing some sort of creative thing, so you Dont have to get up in the morning???.

He says he trundles out of bed around 3 and makes dinner for his family, hangs out with them, waits till there asleep and writes till morning, when he sees them off to school/work.

sounds perfect to me.

I also however LOVE Sleep!!!! Love it Love it Love it. I do way to many things to get it as much as I would like but Daytime is for nice deep REM sleep!

Nighttime is for avoiding writing my papers by playing with you guys or stalking Amazon.com and Ebay. (Buying takes money, stalking takes only the internet.) :D

Yey Haribro!
Boo stupid hoofy gelitin in them.
I think I miss those the most about being veggie. *gobbles fruit snacks*
"Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to man.
Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as
one wants to live and not die, so do other
creatures." - His Holiness The Dalai Lama
simon's ghost

Post by simon's ghost »

sleep, a necessary evil consuming a fourth to a third of your life...

I get my best prodution between midnight and 4am. But I work 8:00 to 16:00 doing mostly physical activities. If I don't rest, my knees and hips collapse. Needless to say I haven't written in a while.
Oh well.