V for vendatte

Everything else you want to talk about!

Moderator: sonic

Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

Sylphisonic wrote:
celebrating Guy Fawkes
So... I heard this film didn't do very well, but there are certainly a lot of people talking about it if that's true. I didn't see it because I'm not mad on the Wachowski's films (well, The Matrix, basically), and I detest Alan Moore's stuff (though admittedly I didn't read the comic of V, just The Watchmen and a few other shorter things). Don't get upset at me, I know I'm in the minority -*sigh*- ...I just can't read the things for all the grit and grime that pours out and gets stuck in my eyes. It's such a bad feeling that even the sight of cutesy bunnies in the Springtime cannot clear them...
V and Watchemen are very very different. The art style is a complete 360. Where Watchmen is deliberately garrish and comic-booky at times V is very subtle. it's done by 2 different artists. You seem to be the kind of person who would get something out of V for Vendetta. At least in terms of something to talk about. Don't see the movie without reading the comic. The two really play off each other. /my 2 cents.
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

Mm...

Well, that kind of endorsement makes it sound more interesting, at least. I should probably at least try it; I could get it from the library at some point if they have it. So... Even though it has loads of torture scenes, it's a romantic look at the world? It'd be interesting to see how that balances. I still don't trust comic book writers anymore, after how they've become in the last decade or two. Actually, I don't trust anybody big on the pop-culture, underground-culture, or even outer-culture altogether front. People are weird. I still have some innocent, rosy coloured space left in my head to protect. :cry: