Read Or Die

And manga ...

Moderator: sonic

shadowferret

Read Or Die

Post by shadowferret »

(Yes, I know I obsess over R.O.D, but bear(or is it bare?) with me)

THE LAST LITERATURE D-LINE OF U.K.
AGENT YOMIKO READMAN
"THE PAPER"

Not your average bookworm, Yomiko Readman's love for literature goes far beyond any run-of-the-mill bookworm's! In fact, she has a supernatural ability to manipulate paper in the most amazing ways. From turning a tiny scrap into a lethal throwing dagger, to making a single sheet hard enough to block bullets, she's only limited by her imagination. She uses her phenomenal power to seek out legendary books containing secret information that in the wrong hands could be dangerous. Backed by a Special Operations Division in England, Yomiko has her hands full battling evildoers, saving the world, and trying to find time to curl up with a good book.

I like these four books. Although the characters and powers are the same, the plot is different from the series and the OVA. Yomiko still works for the British Library in each, but in the Manga...

--Spoilers--
While in the movie, she was always loyal, until she ran in the series, the Manga has her betray them sooner. When Yomiko finds out her boss killed her loverboy, she betrays them, then leaves on her own journey to find good books.
--End Spoilers--

The fight scenes are cool but sometimes a bit hard to see what's going on, and Yomiko is a very emotional woman, making it seem like you could almost reach out and hug her sometimes. The plot, I think, is pretty good, and is pretty easy to follow, plus there are quite a few plot twists. The interactions between the characters are pretty well done, too. I would recommend this to anyone, especially you book lovers.
H-street

Post by H-street »

how is the TV series and manga compared to the OVA?

i love the 3 OVA episodes adn was always put off that the TV series strayed from this..