Eden

And manga ...

Moderator: sonic

marto_motoko

Eden

Post by marto_motoko »

Anyone read it?

The artstyle reminds me of Akira, the mood reminds me of Ghost in the Shell and Appleseed. The maturity reminds me of ghost in the Shell and Akira. Three animes/mangas I love, mixed into a fabulous book. So has anyone heard of it or read it?

marto_motoko
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
simon's ghost

Post by simon's ghost »

I read the first volume and did not get the other ones yet. I think I liked it, but I can't say I see what you see in it. There is something compelling about it, but can't quite put my finger on it. I think it was the general mood of it that I liked. There is a sense of serenity that really comes through in the artwork. I should get those other volumes if they're out because I remember really wondering where the story was headed...
Oh well.
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

simon's ghost wrote:I read the first volume and did not get the other ones yet. I think I liked it, but I can't say I see what you see in it. There is something compelling about it, but can't quite put my finger on it. I think it was the general mood of it that I liked. There is a sense of serenity that really comes through in the artwork. I should get those other volumes if they're out because I remember really wondering where the story was headed...
Shame on you, Simon. :) You should have gotten the rest if you have had the chance. As for the volumes, they're only up to number four right now I believe.

The story is quite twisted, and actually picks up at the beginning/middle of volume two. The characters in it are quite well developed on growth, and have a lot of unique qualities. It's well worth it. I'm glad to know you want to get the rest of them.

marto_motoko
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
simon's ghost

Post by simon's ghost »

yeah....well, the first volume was a gift so...you know...

I'll usually make sure I'm really into something even before I start actually buying the first volumes of a series. I couldn't stand having only half a series because I lost interest along the way...

I'll look into it anyway.
Oh well.