Appleseed 2nd Movie?

Whatever anime you like!

Moderator: sonic

Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

Motoko2030 wrote: In my opinion, Mary Elizabeth McGlynn did an excellent job as the ADR Director for this movie and she was the ADR Director on Devil May Cry 3 for the PlayStation 2 (if anyone is interested)

Something that I didn't know until I looked up the list of voices that she has done is that she played a character on Star Trek Voyager in an episode called Vis À Vis.
She's also the voice director for a very popular series called Cowboy Bebop. :D (She also played Julia under her "other" name Melissa Williamson)

I really liked the voice acting in the Appleseed movie too. Granted it's more action than emotion, but it still had the emotional impact when it called for it.
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

I have some great news about Appleseed, I heard off the Anime News Network website that a sequel to the Appleseed CG film and the TV series is in production.
Production is underway for a sequel to the Appleseed film, as well as a TV series based on the franchise, according to an interview with Masamune Shirow in the latest Kikan-S magazine.
This quote was taken from http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

Appleseed Saga Ex Machina!!!
2007//Shinji Aramaki: Director//John Woo: Producer

douyang

Post by douyang »

The horror... the horror... :shock:

I'm mainly hoping for more anime movies or another anime TV series.

A postcyberpunk movie or story that borrows the great ideas in ghost in the shell, like cyberbrains, organic to mechanised and then digital life, and the ehtical, social, and philisophical issues this would raise would make for some good stuff.

Assuming it wasn't mass marketed garbage excrecated from the bowels of a hollywood that no longer hires writers to make original stories and instead blatantly rips off older and foreign films.
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

Looking forward to the second Appleseed film, I like the films that have John Woo either directing or producing them, I like the of the film and the artwork that has been released looks cool.
DJ Neo

Post by DJ Neo »

I liked the first film (especially the soundtrack.) I didn't think the animation was very consistent though, mainly some characters looked sooo much better than others, the sequel will probably look a lot better.
Can't wait.
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

I looked up a little bit more into the film, and the backbone of, and apparently it's getting a huge budget! :shock:

I wish they had a trailer!

marto_motoko
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
MsDia

Ex-machina DVD coming out in March

Post by MsDia »

Now they do, finally.

Warnervideo - Appleseed

It's coming out directly to DVD on March 11, 2008.

Amazon.

Can't wait.
Epiphany

Re: Ex-machina DVD coming out in March

Post by Epiphany »

MsDia wrote:Now they do, finally.

Warnervideo - Appleseed

Amazon.

Can't wait.
I just pre-order that. I love Appleseed 8)
Jeni Nielsen

Re: Ex-machina DVD coming out in March

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

MsDia wrote:Now they do, finally.

Warnervideo - Appleseed

Amazon.

Can't wait.
They aren't even going to show it in a theater?~! Well I'll bite, but I loved seeing the first one (not really the "original") on the big screen. Sigh.

EDIT: and since they recast Briareos I'm a little bit miffed. They're using an entirely different studio to record so I'm hoping that it doesn't suck. XD
Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Post by Saito »

OOOOhhhhh. Nice. Pity I can't pre-order it in the UK yet (except the Blu-Ray HD version US Import) :\

I really liked the style of the first CG film, it looked stunning. I understand the comments about the consistency in the first film, it wasn't 100% right, but technology in CG is moving forward at such a pace that new projects get ever better technology and ever more advanced techniques, so the new one should be a major step forward from that POV.
[MKFC] [BFC] [NINf] [BID] [TMDDFCA] [LMFC]
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

GAWD!!!! This looks phenomenal!! :D :D :D

I'm giddy beyond belief!!
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Post by Saito »

*Hands Marto a glass of water and a valium*

Easy, we don't want you busting something ;) Save your energy for watching the DVD :P
[MKFC] [BFC] [NINf] [BID] [TMDDFCA] [LMFC]
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
MsDia

Post by MsDia »

How did I go from searching about The Riches to this?

Anyway...I am glad I did.

Posted at tv.com, this link corresponds to a member's blog on the screening of Ex Machina at Wondercon in San Francisco. Be cautious of spoilers at the second half.

I am also wondering what Deunan will choose at the end. Darn angst!

Cover your eyes, romantic scene follows.

Is it the 11th yet?
"I am a Creature of the Night. I run from the burning rays of the sun
and seek solstice in the cool darkness of my shell."-M.Christian
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

I just went ahead and preordered the movie. I'm excited to see the whole "love triangle" thing, even though I heard it doesn't really go anywhere (and Tereus is so cute too!)

But wasn't the old Bri supposed to be black before he got all cyborgized? I think Sylphi mentioned that a while back. Guess they couldn't stand having a character in their anime who didn't look at all Japanese. :?

EDIT: and doesn't bri look a little like batman?

I'd like to think so.