Harmony

Whatever anime you like!

Moderator: sonic

Freitag

Harmony

Post by Freitag »

Anyone (else) seen it?
People tend to look at you a little strangely when they know you stuff voodoo dolls full of Ex-Lax.
Jeff Georgeson
Site Admin

Post by Jeff Georgeson »

What's it about? Is it good?

[Just answered my own question about the "about" part ... stopped being lazy and looked it up lol. Still, what did you think of it?]
Jeff Georgeson
Quantum Tiger Games
www.quantumtigergames.com
the cat is out of the box
Freitag

Post by Freitag »

It was interesting. I'll have to watch it again to really get it, there was a lot packed in there.

I've been watching a lot of movies about dystopian futures and this one certainly qualifies in that category. There's even a huge political relevancy in the U.S. with Obamacare (the government in the home of the protagonist is a medically driven police state - vaguely reminiscent of the controlling computer in the game Paranoia - The computer wants you to be happy. If you're not happy, you will be used as reactor shielding. And not to be confused with the anime Paranoia Agent.)

I think I'd have to talk about it in relation to something else, it's too big to just talk about on it's own. I, at least, need some contrasting agent.

The reviews here are interesting but mostly feel like people justifying their like or dislike of the movie.

It has a really odd intro/outro where it's all written up as HTML.
People tend to look at you a little strangely when they know you stuff voodoo dolls full of Ex-Lax.
Freitag

Re: Harmony

Post by Freitag »

Did anyone else watch Harmony? There is a word they used for the state of lacking a consciousness and I'm searching for that word. Not remembering it (and google keeps telling me about surgical anesthetic).

Anyone remember it?
Jeff Georgeson
Site Admin

Re: Harmony

Post by Jeff Georgeson »

I still haven't seen it! Reminds me that I want to, though :)
Jeff Georgeson
Quantum Tiger Games
www.quantumtigergames.com
the cat is out of the box