Knights of Sidonia

Whatever anime you like!

Moderator: sonic

GhostLine

Knights of Sidonia

Post by GhostLine »

I've never read the manga, but I really enjoyed the first season of the anime. Netflix had been exclusively streaming it...the first anime that they really got behind.

It is about a guy Nagate, who emerges from the depths of Sidonia...a huge spacebound colony that has been in existence for centuries. Nagate had been living alone in isolation, yet had been trained for years by his grandfather in an old simulator to pilot the Tsugumori...an archaic mecha...which causes him to exceed all other student pilots in battling an enigmatic alien enemy.

Although I have a general disdain for the doll-like and fake movements of cel-shaded CGI...this is the next-gen version...where faces have a more hand-drawn quality. The show is pretty addictive...I watched the entire first season in a matter of days. Looking forward the the second season: Battle for Planet Nine.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Randomly I watched the first ep the other night when looking for something new to watch. I really loved the animation and the story/characters seemed intriguing enough. With your recommendation I'll definitely check out more of it. Its nice its not a 22 ep long series as well.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Got through the first set up episodes, watched ep 4 last night, where they sent the retrieval team to collect the special weapon. Woah!