Attack on Titan

Whatever anime you like!

Moderator: sonic

GhostLine

Attack on Titan

Post by GhostLine »

An insanely popular anime, Attack on Titan has become one of my favorites. I started watching it last year on crunchyroll, but never finished it...so now I am watching it as it is presently being aired in English. The manga is currently number one in sales, a movie is on the way, and popular amongst cosplayers.

If you happen to don't know what it is about...AoT centers around a society living behind a series of massive walls to protect them from Titans...mindless, humanoid creatures that are giants...who have a hankering to swallow puny humans whole. The adventure centers mainly around Eren, a passionate kid who wants to join the Survey Scouts in order to slay the titans.

Luke

Post by Luke »

Hey Ghostline, I finished this series a little while back. Really liked the concept of the titans and humans living behind walls as well as the wire fighting system.

I have to admit I also took a break in the middle and returned to it to find out where it went. I did find that after the initial original concepts there wasn't much in the way of story to back them up, some of the epsiodes felt a bit like filler but it certainly had its moments.

I'll likely check out the second season when it's finally finished. I saw alot of talk about a live action movie aswell, will be interesting to see if and how they manage that.
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

I did enjoy the first season of AoT...and it is pretty crazy how much it had caught on. Universal Studios Japan...a themepark just opened an AoT branch...and I hear there is a travelling AoT event that is set up in large arenas...that allow fans to run through a mock titan scenario.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Woah that sounds awesome! I head the next series ins't due for release until 2016 which surprised me considering the popularity. I also heard a recap movie will be made of the series...