Serial Experiments Lain

Whatever anime you like!

Moderator: sonic

Sergeant X

Serial Experiments Lain

Post by Sergeant X »

how is this not discussed?
“Poets are always taking the weather so personally. They're always sticking their emotions in things that have no emotions.”
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

I have never seen Lain...although I loved Teknolyze which had the same character designer.
Freitag

Post by Freitag »

Never heard of either. Should I?
People tend to look at you a little strangely when they know you stuff voodoo dolls full of Ex-Lax.
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

Freitag wrote:Never heard of either. Should I?
Serial Experiments Lain:
A week after Chisa committed suicide, her classmates begin to receive emails from her. Hearing rumors fly at school, a quiet withdrawn girl named Lain goes home that day, turns on her dusty Navi computer for the first time and has a conversation with the dead girl. Chisa's message reads that she killed herself because she didn't need her body anymore, and she now exists in The Wired. When Lain asks why someone would do something like that she gets a response: "Because God is here".
Texhnolyze:
In a man-made underground society, descendants of a banished generation vie for control of the crumbling city of Lux. Ichise, an orphan turned prize fighter, loses a leg and an arm to satisfy an enraged fight promoter. On the brink of death he is taken in by a young woman doctor and used as a guinea pig for the next evolution of Texhnolyze. With his new limbs, Ichise is taken under the wing of Oonishi, a powerful leader of Organ, an organization with some hold on Lux. As Ichise is drawn deeper into a war for territorial control of the city, he learns of his possible future from the young girl prophet Ran, who guides him from the shadows in his darkest times. With the explosion of the warfare, Ichise must uncover the truth about Lux and fight for his survival as he realizes his destiny.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Freitag wrote:
Never heard of either. Should I?

Being a fan of the original GITS movie you'd probably like the dark futuristic feel of both of these.

Lain is my preferred out of the two however I watched this many years ago, maybe too young to fully understand it but liked it none the less despite the unanswered questions.
Texh annoyed the hell out of me as nothing seemed to really be explained until later on in the series, I found it really hard to engage with and quite a chore however I did watch a badly subbed version :wink:

Pretty sure there was an epic Lain post on here back in the day, it certainly would make for good debate but I haven't seen it in so long.