Straight Jacket

Whatever anime you like!

Moderator: sonic

GhostLine

Straight Jacket

Post by GhostLine »

It seemed like a cross between Fullmetal Alchemist and Karas. It's in a FMA-type world where sorcery is used in every profession imagineable...but it's highly regulated by the govt. But there is a drawback to sorcery...the more an individual uses it, the more he/she is in danger of changing into a maniacal demon/mutant (similar to Boomers in the A.D. Police/Bubblegum Crisis universe). Sorcerers are required to were protective armors/ molds that keeps them from changing. The story focuses on a female agent overseeing tactical sorcerers who bumps into an unlicensed sorcerer when terrorists are unleashing a scourge of turned sorcerers across the city. She regretfully uses his services of the unknown sorcerer and his half human/demon sidekick.
The animation is well done and so are the character designs. It was hard not to make comparisons to FMA however.
Freitag

Post by Freitag »

Is the little girl sidekick a half demon? I didn't get that. Or at least I do not recall that.

<spoiler alert>

Other than him being responsible for the deaths of her parents (that had become "infected") I almost go the idea that they had a relationship like Matilda and Leon in The Professional
People tend to look at you a little strangely when they know you stuff voodoo dolls full of Ex-Lax.
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

Yeah...her mom was human and her dad was a demon...and the main hero killed Pa. THat's why she was with him...to help him fight evil, but also to be present when he dies (as a form of revenge).