Last Exile

Whatever anime you like!

Moderator: sonic

H-street

Last Exile

Post by H-street »

Just got done watching this series..

great little story, only 7 disks (27 or so episodes)..

its sortof in similar style as full metal alchemist.. worth seeing if you haven't yet..
Epiphany

Re: Last Exile

Post by Epiphany »

H-street wrote:Just got done watching this series..

great little story, only 7 disks (27 or so episodes)..

its sortof in similar style as full metal alchemist.. worth seeing if you haven't yet..
I've never heard of but I'll check it out. 8) FMA was good so if its in that style :D
Jeff Georgeson
Site Admin

Post by Jeff Georgeson »

What a coincidence ... I just saw a couple episodes of this last night.

It did look pretty interesting. My only complaint was the female lead's whiny voice (there seems to be a lot of that going around ... there's an anime with a little girl vampire whose voice also irritates me).

I'll try to catch a few more episodes next week.

--Jeff
Jeff Georgeson
Quantum Tiger Games
www.quantumtigergames.com
the cat is out of the box
Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Post by Saito »

*does a double-take*

Jeff? Is that you?

*ahem*

I really need some fresh input into my life, I might start checking out some of this stuff.
[MKFC] [BFC] [NINf] [BID] [TMDDFCA] [LMFC]
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
simon's ghost

Post by simon's ghost »

I remember watching the whole thing. It's easy on the eye. Not much to read between the lines, but interesting enough.

(Isn't it disappointing to barely have time to watch a series once? There really is a lot of stuff that I would enjoy seeing at least a second time... like Last Exile, Gunslinger Girls or Evangelion...)
Oh well.
Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Post by Saito »

Oddly I tend to be the sort of person that never watches them twice. I have avery good memory for films and the like, I have only watched both GiGs of SAC once, and SSS once and I know most of it inside out (at least I think I do ;)).

I couldn't stick watching Eva again. It screwed me up so badly the first time I don't think I could do that all over again, even now I know what happens, in fact that would probably make it worse. I still have bits of that burnt on my pysche that will never wash off. I appreciate it as a work of art, it's twisted and brilliant, and don't regret watching it, but I'd never ever class it as 'pleasant viewing'. :\
[MKFC] [BFC] [NINf] [BID] [TMDDFCA] [LMFC]
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

Yeah, at least the English version of that main girl character is annoying; don't know about the Japanese one.

Last Exile has a beautiful opening sequence; it really gets into you. At first it was a bit like, "ooh, pretty clouds. eh." But when you see it several times in a row (i.e. when they have an episode marathon on AZN) it really starts to work for me. There's some really nice movement to it, it's all put together really well with the "Cloud Age Symphony" song.

And the little girl is kind of cute too. At least the main boy isn't an annoying hyper character; I just really enjoyed that about it after a while. Perhaps one to look for in a cheap box set at some point (did they thinpak it by any chance?)
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

I just watched the first episode via netflix...is this what we would define as steampunk? i like it so far.
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

GhostLine wrote:I just watched the first episode via netflix...is this what we would define as steampunk? i like it so far.
Yep as far as I remember Last Exile is the quintessential steampunk anime. I've only seen a few episodes though, but I think if you're running around in a blimp-like aircraft that puts you squarely in the steampunk category. :)
Locke

Post by Locke »

Oooooh! I was fortunate enough to get the original boxed set for just $50 a few months before Geneon bit the dust. :P

This is a great series with a unique story/universe and superb art/animation quality. I really can't say enough about it.

Edit: To answer a question, yeah, this cheap boxed set was a thinny. :]
"Humanity does not ask us to happy. It merely asks us to be brilliant on its behalf."