Fullmetal Alchemist

Whatever anime you like!

Moderator: sonic

Black Mamba

Fullmetal Alchemist

Post by Black Mamba »

I would like to forwarn everyone that this will contain spoilers from the whole series.

Well SaC's long Cartoon Network sidekick came to an end last Sunday. I'll admit I wasn't the biggest fan, however I managed to catch every episode and follow them rather well. So what did every think of the finale? I found it rather depressing, but thats what I love about anime; theres not always a happy ending.

For those who don't know, there will be a Fullmetal Alchemist movie taking place after the series entitled "Fullmetal Alchemist: The Conqueror of Shambala". Lets hope it doesn't butcher the series. For more info...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... hp?id=4176
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

I also watched every single episode of Full Metal Alchemist and I have to say it was quite a good show, not as good as SAC but better than other anime series that I have seen. The ending for me was both a happy and sad ending. I am hoping that the movie, which follows on where the TV series ended is good and it ends well.
base of the pillar

Post by base of the pillar »

The movie is pretty good. I haven't seen it, but I have read the stoy online. It ties up everything and has a somewhat happy ending.
"And if we spirits have offended think but this and all is mended. That you have but slumbered heree while these visions did appear."--A Midsummer Night's Dream

History may not repeat itself, but it does rhyme.
shadowferret

Post by shadowferret »

Fullmetal Alchemist was good. I'm very interested in the movie.
base of the pillar

Post by base of the pillar »

This site features the story of the entire movie. Just go down and highlight the text to get a full spoilerific story.

http://www.animeindepth.com/series.php? ... &mode=page
Last edited by base of the pillar on Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
"And if we spirits have offended think but this and all is mended. That you have but slumbered heree while these visions did appear."--A Midsummer Night's Dream

History may not repeat itself, but it does rhyme.
Spica

Post by Spica »

I've seen the movie (as well as the entire series). The movie comes several years after the series and brings closure the the story. What I find hilarious about the movie is that it has Nazis in it, and our world's version of the FMA world feurer is a jewish movie producer. For anyone who plans on watching the movie, I would suggest watching the last episode of FMA just before hand.
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
-Hamlet
Maltese Kentaiba

Post by Maltese Kentaiba »

I know some people that are going to love hearing this, I liked it myself.
I think the best anime is a thinking anime, one that has believable logic and plays on what you think. The inlclusion of Nazis kind of borders the line, There are a lot of shows and movies with that design in them.
When the chips are down, and the other guy is holding four aces and you an empty hand; it's time to kick the table over
Bringin It Down

Post by Bringin It Down »

I think the show started on kind of a childish foot. I thought it was going to be one of those shows like the card game ones where they just battle all the time and theres some evil person in the game or something. I was sorely mistaken. It definitely brings up a lot of good points about playing God and consequences in life and that life is not black and white. Definitely a worthwhile show.
Spica

Post by Spica »

The show came before all the merchandise (ie. the card game), so it's not like it was just a marketing ploy, like say the Yu-gi-oh show.
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
-Hamlet
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

Bringin It Down wrote:I think the show started on kind of a childish foot. I thought it was going to be one of those shows like the card game ones where they just battle all the time and theres some evil person in the game or something. I was sorely mistaken. It definitely brings up a lot of good points about playing God and consequences in life and that life is not black and white. Definitely a worthwhile show.
that was EXACTLY my reservation about FMA as well. But after I watched my first episode...i was like, "I need to record this.
T.G.F.T....Thank God For Tivo. btw, here is a link to a song of one of my favorite musicians,Kevin Max, that someone cut pieces from the show to make a video. the splices are a little too literal with the song's words at times, but it's fun and the song rocks!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iUw8lImh_m4
DJ Neo

Post by DJ Neo »

I didn't like the show in the beginning but kept watching it, and it's a weird series in the sense that it keeps getting better and better as it goes, I've seen quite a few shows that start off so good but go downhill rapidly. I haven't seen the movie yet but look forward to it.
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Its a bit of the other way around for me. I enjoyed the begining very much (<3 episode three). But as it went on I began to loose interest, I felt they stretch the plot out too much.
Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

I just hope that Edward and Alphonse get reunited. The ending of the show was sad. All they went through together just to end up apart.
Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

A friend showed me the english sub titled version of Shambala last night. It's really very well thought out. The feel of the series is very much there. My only real problem is I have only seen Full Metal on Adult Swim so those are the voices I'm use to. Is there an english speaking version, done with the voice actors from the adult swim version.
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

Epiphany wrote:A friend showed me the english sub titled version of Shambala last night. It's really very well thought out. The feel of the series is very much there. My only real problem is I have only seen Full Metal on Adult Swim so those are the voices I'm use to. Is there an english speaking version, done with the voice actors from the adult swim version.
Considering how popular the series is in the US I have no doubt that Funimation will put out the movie. Or at least somebody will.