Fullmetal Alchemist

Whatever anime you like!

Moderator: sonic

Elmo

Post by Elmo »

lol I had the same problem in reverse I watched an English dub of shambala, not sure if it's the Adult Swim voice actors. But since I was used to the Japanese voices on the series it just sounded weird... well anyway, the English dub track is definately out there somewhere now.
Joseph Cambell wrote:Myths are public dreams, dreams are private myths.
tachikoma1000

A New Series

Post by tachikoma1000 »

I went to the FMA Article on Wikipedia and a new Series has started. It is called FMA: Brotherhood. It is distributed by FUNimation, however it's only on Animax and only has a Japanese Soundtrack. Weird, isn't it?
What I don't get, it's Motoko's way of dressing.
Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

I just rewatched the whole FMA series and movie. In a way its a lot like GiTS because the more you watch it the more you take from it. I think in the first season's episodes they were hunting for a direction. After that they found it and developed a lot of interesting charactors and situations. The story line stays true to itself from the series to the movie.

The parallel worlds aspect is facinating the way they tie it all together
The Hokie Pokie "IS" what it's all About.
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

As a HUGE fan of Fullmetal Alchemist. I loved the original series, but nowhere near as much as the second series.

Brotherhood follows the manga, which is a much stronger storyline.

As good as I feel the Conquerer of Shamballa is. I find the second series blows it out of the water.

There are faults with the second series, and some people find a lot of nitpicky things about it.

Myself, as someone that's followed the manga from it's deviation (i.e. since Greed) I find the second series is bang on. However it does a horrible job trying to recap what was already in the first series.

There's an english dub coming out of Brotherhood, being done by the exact same voice cast (as long as there are no unforeseeable problems) except Alphonse. His voice will be missed, especially since it's going to a woman. And I'm not passing judgement, just it was a demand by the Japanese that they dub Alphonse the same way they did, with a young boy speaking through a metal strainer. In fact they mailed the same strainer over with the raw footage.

So that leaves me a little concerned, but not by much. I love the English dub much more than the Japanese.

I've watched the original series in English. But Brotherhood in Japanese and the only one I like in Japanese is Greed, but he's voiced by Chris Patton in English so.... I still like the English dub better.
Original? Copy? I come from a world where such words are meaningless.
Rien

Post by Rien »

I saw the first anime in high school and I finished watching Brotherhood on Adult Swim months ago. I love both series, but I do prefer the first series. Not because I saw it first, but because I felt it had a stronger emotional impact and a better soundtrack.

Either way, it's a series that makes you think and question things which I've always loved. It's also the only series that has a dub and sub I like equally(I usually prefer one over the other). I never thought that would happen.
Non conformity is an illusion for the ego.
SamusTheHunter

Post by SamusTheHunter »

I'm a big time Fullmetal Alchemist fan. I got interested in it when it was barely showing on Adult Swim but my parents did not let me watch it because it was on [as] but I got an interest in it (because Winry looked lik Samus lol) so I bought the manga.

Then my library got the manga around the same time i was watching the 2003 anime on [as] and I was sooooooooo confuuuuuused. So i did some research to realize that duhhhh it was two different things. So i do have a small love for the first anime and movie

But i have a bigger love for the manga and Brotherhood. There is SUCH an amazing plot to it!! I ended up buying specific volumes (that had "Royai" moments in it XD) and then i've been buying 23 to the end as they came out. I've seen all of Brotherhood in the dub and it is a very VERY good dub like SAC.

what's anyone's favorit episode?? :D
Samus loves Adam <3
Roy loves Riza <3
I love my pencil and paper <3
~I don't take shit from anyone. Don't forget that~
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

Hi.

Been a while.

Rented FullMetal Alchemist film, The Sacred Star of Milos...a very bloody and action packed movie. Did I say bloody? I don't know which timeline it follws, either orginal FMA continuum or the new Brotherhod take...it seems to be a film that many of the older fans will like, but could also serve as a great introductory adventure. I have never read the original manga, so I don't know if this is based off of older material or is just an all-new story.

Anyway, this adventure sends the Elric Bros. to the western border of Amestris, bumped against the enemy territory of Creta. However, Amestris controls Table City, resting just inside Creta territory...valuable to both people. Beneath Table City lives the denizens of Milos, who seek control of Table City themselvea. It all starts with a kidnapping, and prison escape. leading up to a struggle for an ultimate weapon that can turn the tide. Yet, a far more sinister plan is afoot...something that the Elrics have seen before and know of its bloody cost. Lots and lots of blood.