Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0 UPDATED

Whatever anime you like!

Moderator: sonic

GhostLine

Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0 UPDATED

Post by GhostLine »

UPDATE: This thread began way back when the Evangelion film series began to roll out. The Fourth and Final Film has finally been teased after years of delay...so here, I am updating this thread. Go to the bottom for the latest and greatest.

Beautiful update. [1.0 you are (not) alone] Still a fresh story and still socks you in the stomach. The animation is all new, but still following same character designs and matched scenes. But it's all updated, drawing in CGI elements (unobtrusive), and edits to get it in one film (or at least 1/4 of the story)...and still new stuff is added. I can't say enough about it...and am very excited to see 2.0 whenever it comes out...as THERE WILL be lots of changes and brand new characters!!!!!
Last edited by GhostLine on Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Huh? When'd you hear there'd be new characters? I just bought it, loved it, and am rather happy with it to say the very least, Eva being one of my favourite series.

As for the other DVDs, any clear idea of when they'll be coming out?

mm
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

2.0 just came out this summer, so who knows when that DVD will come out.... there is supposed to be a 3.0 and 4.0...all big screen releases. as for new characters, i know there is at least a new EVA pilot, Mari Illustrious Makinami.
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

GhostLine wrote:2.0 just came out this summer, so who knows when that DVD will come out.... there is supposed to be a 3.0 and 4.0...all big screen releases. as for new characters, i know there is at least a new EVA pilot, Mari Illustrious Makinami.

Huh. That is...actually one of most awesome outfits I've ever seen on an Eva pilot.

O_o

Man, I'm actually VERY pumped up about this new one coming soon. Any news yet on 2.0?

mm
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

2.O will be out DVD may 26......
marto_motoko

Re: 2.0

Post by marto_motoko »

GhostLine wrote:2.O will be out DVD may 26......
Great news, those are. :3

I was a little bit annoyed at some of the cliched presentation of various factors in the movie-fied version that 1.0 did, such as the extremely unnecessary presentation of Kaoru at the end of it. What was the purpose of that? Suspenseful cliff-hanger? No. :\ I didn't like that. Everything else was amazing though. I adore the redone effects, and the BRILLIANT animation of the angels!

mm
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

Saw Evangelion: 2.0 YOU CAN (NOT) ADVANCE that I finally purchased for Blu-Ray (actually it is labelled 2.22). After a two years wait to see this I am overjoyed. More great story and animation to update a much-loved franchise. Of course the real blitz was the arrival of a new pilot that we have discussed above...a real exciting character that thrashes whatever Eva she pilots...but still we know very little about her. Of course we are reintroduced to Asuka who is just as punchy and histrionic. So now I have something to rewatch over and over until Evangelion 3.0: Q [Quickening] makes its appearance on English media release (in another two years?! I hope not!). Apparently 4.0: Final will be released simultaneously with 3.0 Fall 2012 in Japan theaters so at least it shouldn't be another fours years to see that.
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

It has been years since FUNimation's last release of 2.22...if you look at my review dates. Finally, it has been announced that NGE 3.0 english language dvd/bluray will get a Feb. '16 release. I am sure many have broke down years ago and got the Japanese release, but I haven't...so I haven't seen either 3 or 4 yet.

Lot has happened in my life since 2.0...lol...laugh...cry....
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

Finally watched 3.33...as it was released Feb. 2, 2016. Such a long wait!

Shinji awakens 14 years later after starting the 3rd impact, shocked to discover so much had changed. His friends are either gone, missing, or had grown to despise him.

Katsuragi now commands a group who is intent on destroying NERV with EVA pilots, Atsuka and Mari, acting as the rebellion's soldiers. Still confused about his role in events, Shinji learns the harsh truth from the mysterious Kaworu concerning Seele's plan, his father's role, and the pre-designed course of his part in the Human Intrumentality Project.

In a final effort to put things right, is Shinji truly breaking free or is he still following the intended script to bring about the final end of humanity?

This is a surprising turn of events in the story. Still a very strong production, but what is familiar is now completely erased, creating an anxiety-producing portion of the tale where we join Shinji in his disorientation of the world as he knew it and a property as we had known it. This film may both excite and anger long-time fans. Thankfully, there is still one left to go (whenever THAT will be legally distributed).

Asuka emerges as my favorite character in this film. Onward ho to 4.44............
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

The fourth installment is finally coming...after so long of a wait. Cryptically enough, the new film(s?) is called Evangelion 3.0 (subtitled, "After that, and THE END." + 1.0 (also subtitled "NOT and ANTI."). I was expecting a 4.0, but we got a 3.0 plus 1.0, which I have to assume the 1.0 portion is some sort of grand finale epilogue. We shall see.

The first several minutes of the film was aired to the public which was live streamed...lemme find it...
https://youtu.be/r2UKYBNSRaI
Freitag

Re: Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0 UPDATED

Post by Freitag »

OK, I'm watching 3+1 now. I mean right now. I have it paused because Joy to the World just kicked in and I had to look it up. I'm going to assume they are singing the correct lyrics in Japanese and not some other words to the same tune.

I watched the first Evangelion. It was interesting, and then the last 3 episodes and I was like WTF? Did they fire the animators? And the writers?

So when I found out about End of Evangelion I was happy to get the end of the story. Except it wasn't.

Somehow I missed when they came out with 1.0 and 2.0, but by then I had other things to watch.

Now they have all of 1.11, 2.22, and 3.33 and 3.0+1. Over the last week I've watched all of them.

My conclusion is that if you have already started watching Evangelion and you have the affliction of completion type OCD, then finish. Otherwise, save yourself. Never ever watch this crap.

Someone had some really great ideas for the starting and middle of a story but had no idea how to end it. Do the good guys win? Do the bad guys win? Or do we waffle around so we can't tell who are the good guys and confuse teh audioence enough so they'll mistake the show for being deep and/or wise.

It's 100% crap. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME. Go crack open your DVD of GitS and watch those again instead.

Now to go watch the final 26 minutes minutes. Sometimes I really hate having OCD.
People tend to look at you a little strangely when they know you stuff voodoo dolls full of Ex-Lax.
Freitag

Re: Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0 UPDATED

Post by Freitag »

Addendum. If you are committed to watching them, there is apparently a "right order", something akin to Machete order for Star Wars.

Here is the link to the full explanation.

Order 1
  1. Neon Genesis Evangelion episodes 1-26 (inc. episodes 21-24 director’s cuts) (1995-1996)
  2. End of Evangelion (1997)
Order 2
  1. Evangelion: 1.11 You Are (Not) Alone (2007)
  2. Evangelion: 2.22 You Can (Not) Advance (2009)
  3. Evangelion: 3.33 You Can (Not) Redo (2012)
  4. Evangelion: 3.0 + 1.0 Thrice Upon a Time (2021)
Order 3(chronological)
  1. Neon Genesis Evangelion episodes 1-24
  2. End of Evangelion (but only the first hour!)
  3. Neon Genesis Evangelion episodes 25-26
  4. End of Evangelion (the rest of it)
And you still never have to watch Evangelion: Death and Rebirth.
People tend to look at you a little strangely when they know you stuff voodoo dolls full of Ex-Lax.