Rarest of the Rare

Talk about the Ghost in the Shell manga here!

Moderator: sonic

Spica

Rarest of the Rare

Post by Spica »

OK, so it's not really the rarest of the rare (which is the Japanese solid box version of MMI), but I was able to get my hands on the first and sixth issues of the comic book version of the original manga. Someone had apparently sold their entire collection of comics to my local comic book store and the two issues had been included in it. I had been searching the comic shops in my area for some of these origional issues for years, so my heart practically skipped a beat when I saw them on the rare (and expensive) comics shelf.

Amazon.com also finally shipped me the copy of Dominion: Tank Police that my parents had ordered me for Christmas, but Dominion Conflict One still has not arrived yet and is scheduled to sometime in late february.
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
-Hamlet
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

I have volume 11 of 11. :S Not only are they expensive, but VERY hard to find! Congrats on your obtaining them!
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
Spica

Post by Spica »

It was MMI that had 11 issues, the origional had 8. I bought all the issues of MMI the first day they came out and I now have issues 1 and 6 of the origional manga.
-Hamlet
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Spica wrote:It was MMI that had 11 issues, the origional had 8. I bought all the issues of MMI the first day they came out and I now have issues 1 and 6 of the origional manga.
Oh! I completely forgot that the original was also split up. But if I recall correctly, didn't they have the separate editions on Darkhorse.com?
Spica

Post by Spica »

When you "buy" something on the Darkhorse web site, you are actually linked to a third party that sells the product. In and of itself that is not a problem, but the third party site does not always sell the product for its original price and does not always have the item in stock (at least that's the what happened when I bought Dominion and Dominion Conflict One).
-Hamlet
simon's ghost

Post by simon's ghost »

Now how doe's that happen? Are they forced to employ a third party or are they actually reluctant to selling their material themselves?
Last edited by simon's ghost on Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh well.
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

simon's ghost wrote:Now how doe's that happen? Are they force to employ a third party or are they actually reluctant to selling their material themselves?

:S Perhaps too lazy? :D Call me masochistic for this, but I love the whole 'hunt the item down' game online! It's just FUN to have to play hide and seek with something, such as the GitS ps1 game, and then when you find it, you're fifty times more excited!