Ghost in the Shell 1.5 Human Error Processor

Talk about the Ghost in the Shell manga here!

Moderator: sonic

Motoko2030

Ghost in the Shell 1.5 Human Error Processor

Post by Motoko2030 »

Beginning Spring 2006, Dark Horse Comics will be releasing the original GITS 1.5 Human Error Processor manga in eight issues. Then in 2007, Dark Horse Comics will be releasing all of the eight comics in one deluxe edition that will come with the bonus CD-ROM that came out in Japan.
Lightice

Post by Lightice »

Well, that means I have to wait until 2007. I'm not going to buy separate issues, if they can be bought in a full album and bonus stuff to boot.
Last edited by Lightice on Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

I second Lightice. I guess i'll have to wait until 2007. But I'm kinda glad its not being realsed anytime soon. Theres so many things I need caught up with, the DVDs (2nd gig) and The log, plus I have yet to get MMI.

I remember discussion this before the fourms crashed, but I forget what exactly GitS 1.5 will be about.
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

You will only have to wait for 2007, if you want to get the complete collection of GITS 1.5 in a deluxe box, if you want to get the individual issues then you can pick up the first issue in Spring 2006.

Ghost in the Shell 1.5 Human Error Processor contains the four stories that were missing from Man Machine Interface, these four stories are

Fat Cat (1991)
Drive Slave (1992)
Mines of Mind (1995)
Lost Past (1996)
Lightice

Post by Lightice »

Motoko2030 wrote:You will only have to wait for 2007, if you want to get the complete collection of GITS 1.5 in a deluxe box, if you want to get the individual issues then you can pick up the first issue in Spring 2006.

I see little reason in spending money on separate issues, if you know, that there's going to be a full album in the near future, with extra content. Waste of good cash that I'll be using to buy the 2nd Gig DVDs.
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Waste of good cash that I'll be using to buy the 2nd Gig DVDs.
And the logs, and the novel.

GitS is taking all my money >_<
Gillsing

Post by Gillsing »

I'm with Lightice on this one. 2007 or bust! :)
Recommended cyberpunk:
ImageImage
Spica

Post by Spica »

I personally am going to buy the individual issues (just like I did with MMI). That way I'll be the first kid on the block err... forum to be able to talk about all the exciting goings on. Also, the individual issues appreciate in value much more than the collections, and they each come with a neat cover image.
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
-Hamlet
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

I am going to go with Spica on the individual issues since they will have a new cover on each issue and plus the fact that I want to start reading them as soon as I can.

I know this has nothing to do with GITS 1.5, a while ago, I read that Stand Alone Complex manga issues were in the pipeline to be created, but i have heard nothing more on SAC manga.
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

issues since they will have a new cover on each issue
Well won't they use the covers as dividers in the all in one edition like they did for the first manga (and probably the second, but I haven't read that one yet)?
I read that Stand Alone Complex manga issues were in the pipeline to be created, but i have heard nothing more on SAC manga.

Lets hope its just not screen shots with caption.
Spica

Post by Spica »

The SAC manga probably will be one of those mangas composed of screanshots with voice bubbles. They did one like that for the origional movie.

If Shirow is working on any new manga I hope its either something compleatly origional or a conclusion to Appleseed (He had started on a fifth volume, but its production was interupted by the Kobe earthquake and he never finished it. What was finished of the fifth volume has since been published in the pages of Super Manga Blast, but there are no signs of that being collected into a trade paperback anythime soon.)
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
-Hamlet
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Spica wrote:I personally am going to buy the individual issues (just like I did with MMI). That way I'll be the first kid on the block err... forum to be able to talk about all the exciting goings on. Also, the individual issues appreciate in value much more than the collections, and they each come with a neat cover image.
Rightfully said! I'll be doing the same thing! I want to get the individual volumes, not only for the neat covers, but so I can have them for collector's bragging rights. :D
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

I read that the Ghost in the Shell 1.5 - Human Error Processor manga issues are starting their run this spring by Dark Horse Comics, but I can't find any actual release dates on the Dark Horse comics website for Ghost in the Shell 1.5 issues.
MiNaeClem

Post by MiNaeClem »

The SAC book is also coming out this Spring. I guess we'll have a lot to buy. :)
Some things are too important to be taken seriously.
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Motoko2030 wrote:I read that the Ghost in the Shell 1.5 - Human Error Processor manga issues are starting their run this spring by Dark Horse Comics, but I can't find any actual release dates on the Dark Horse comics website for Ghost in the Shell 1.5 issues.
Spring isn't too far away, is this in the US? Have they been realsed in Japan yet?