Ghost in the Shell Innocence region 2 (British) cover

Discussions about the first film (Ghost in the Shell) and the second (Innocence)

Moderator: sonic

Motoko2030

Ghost in the Shell Innocence region 2 (British) cover

Post by Motoko2030 »

Here is a link to a web page with the British DVD cover for Innocence, http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/ ... cence.html, the British version has a much better cover than what we got over in America and there are two discs, no extras are mentioned on that page, but the English dub track should be on that DVD.

(If you have trouble clicking on the link, copy and paste it into the browser that you use)
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Yay! It was a while ago when I posted the actual news that Innocence was getting dubbed for the British version. So this proves things are moving along nicely. I just hope beyond all hope that we will see a Region 1 version.

Britian isn't half-assing this DVD like North America did. Plus 2 disc shows we'll see alot of info.
MiNaeClem

Post by MiNaeClem »

Well I think I'll stick with buying the International Version, I don't like the dubbed versions anyway... You guys can tell me the difference next year :)
Some things are too important to be taken seriously.
Lightice

Post by Lightice »

I don't care about dubs, either, but I have to wonder, what's on the second DVD. For a good bunch of extras, I might even consider buying that one...
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Lightice wrote:I don't care about dubs, either, but I have to wonder, what's on the second DVD. For a good bunch of extras, I might even consider buying that one...
Thats what I was wondering. We have two discs here, theres gotta be alot of extras.
simon's ghost

Post by simon's ghost »

It doesn't matter, but still, it's much better than that DREADFUL cover we have in north america.

Any news on a box set with both movies?
Oh well.
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

I haven't heard any news yet about the two Ghost in the Shell films being in one boxset.

I hope that they will rerelease Innocence in America with a better cover and more extras, like the English dub track.
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Motoko2030 wrote:I haven't heard any news yet about the two Ghost in the Shell films being in one boxset.

I hope that they will rerelease Innocence in America with a better cover and more extras, like the English dub track.
Dido. And with alot of fans complaining when it was first realsed in NA, its not completely impossible.
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

I hope Manga USA can do the same thing as Manga UK did, which was get the English SAC cast members to do the voices to the film.

In my opinion, Manga Entertainment and Production IG should have got involved at the beginning and helped to produce the DVD then we could have gotten a much better region 1 cover, an English language track, no closed captions and possibly more extras.
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

I hope Manga USA can do the same thing as Manga UK did, which was get the English SAC cast members to do the voices to the film.
You make it sound like we would have to repeat the dubbing process. We would just use the dubbing Manga UK used.

But could Manga US even do anything due to compyright laws? If it was ever rerealsed in NA, wouldn't Dreamworks have to do it?
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Just as Simon Cowell says on American idol," That was Dreadful!" -Regarding the DVD cover in US. :roll:

As for the Double Disk version, I want to get that too. Do any of you know a release date for it in the US? Or if the DVD that Motoko2030 linked us to can be shipped to US? I want to get it, if possible.

m.m.
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

Amazon.co.uk should be able to ship that British Innocence DVD to people in America.
Lightice

Post by Lightice »

You'll ofcourse need a multi-region DVD player to watch that. They're pretty easy and cheap to obtain, these days, though.
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

And there has been no news of a NA realse (not that I know of....). But I've still got my fingers crossed!
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

Click on http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/ ... cence.html to see menu screenshots from the DVD.

The features that are on this 2 Disc set are

Disc One

Anamorphic Widescreen (1.85:1) Transfer
English and Japanese Dolby Digital 5.1 Audio
English and Japanese Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo Audio
'The Making of Innocence' Featurette
Audio Commentary by Mamoru Oshii and Toshihiko Nishikubo

Disc Two

English and Japanese DTS 5.1
UK Exclusive 'Face to Face Interview with Mamoru Oshii'
Sneak Peak at Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 2nd Gig Volume 2, Episode 5
Full-Length Japanese Trailer
Manga Trailers

Release date is 27th of February 2006 and the price will be around about£19.99.

A boxed set containing both Innocence and the original Ghost in the Shell priced about £24.99