Meaning of quote from Innocence..?

Discussions about the first film (Ghost in the Shell) and the second (Innocence)

Moderator: sonic

Tonks_kittygoth
Location: The dark dark woods where the kitten monsters live....or happy la la land, my summer home.

Post by Tonks_kittygoth »

:tachi!: = :tachi!:= :tachi!: = :tachi!:

there you go
"Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to man.
Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as
one wants to live and not die, so do other
creatures." - His Holiness The Dalai Lama
AlphonseVanWorden

Post by AlphonseVanWorden »

Sylphisonic wrote:No offence, but it is extremely un-endearing behaviour. Like a 17-year-old, know-it-all intellectual me...
Not that I could conceivably take offense at the simile... :)

I wouldn't stress it, Sylph. Another week or two (at most), and I'm departing the Forum for the summer.

And no, your post has nothing to do with it. It's the Hounds of Reality yapping at my back and nipping at my heels... :roll:
Such is the soul in the body: this world is like her little turf of grass, and the heaven o'er our heads, like her looking-glass, only gives us a miserable knowledge of the small compass of our prison. - Bosola, in John Webster's The Duchess of Malfi
Tonks_kittygoth
Location: The dark dark woods where the kitten monsters live....or happy la la land, my summer home.

AlphonseVanWorden wrote:
Not that I could conceivably take offense at the simile... :)

I wouldn't stress it, Sylph. Another week or two (at most), and I'm departing the Forum for the summer.

And no, your post has nothing to do with it. It's the Hounds of Reality yapping at my back and nipping at my heels... :roll:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo wahhhh

Bad reality, reality is poopy.

I would rather have smilies than not cause you know more that the person means well, and isnt being snarky.
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

Yes, but the crime is when the people somehow make the smilie offensive, because you are right, they are usually tools for good... It is... well... a cardinal sin or something. Taking nice smilies and using them for ill. Leave the poor smilies out of this- the only ones that are meant for evil, for irksomeness, or for other foul stuff are the grumpy looking ones or the devilish grinning one. And maybe that rolling eyeball one.
Tonks_kittygoth

the only ones that are meant for evil, for irksomeness, or for other foul stuff are the grumpy looking ones or the devilish grinning one. And maybe that rolling eyeball one.
But those are my favorites!

*pouts, why doesnt anyone use my new emoticons..... they are cute....specialy the tachi :tachi!: :tachi!: :tachi!: :l-man: *
Elmo

Post by Elmo »

:gabu: teehee :gabu:
Joseph Cambell wrote:Myths are public dreams, dreams are private myths.
Lightice

Post by Lightice »

Tonks_kittygoth wrote: *pouts, why doesnt anyone use my new emoticons..... they are cute....specialy the tachi :tachi!: :tachi!: :tachi!: :l-man: *

They are cute but not all that expressive. And at least I almost never check other emoticons than those, that are immediately visible.
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

Tonks_kittygoth wrote:*pouts, why doesnt anyone use my new emoticons..... they are cute....specialy the tachi :tachi!: :tachi!: :tachi!: :l-man: *
at first i thought :tachi!: was Mr.Hanky... :lol:
they are all quite adorable... :l-man:
Tonks_kittygoth

Bah, blue poo, i dont think so...

At 15x15 pixels, everything looks like a blob.

Thanks! :gabu:
Underground Pyro

Post by Underground Pyro »

Hey! I'm sure one or two of you have been looking for the a net picture of the painting that Aramaki had in his office when he said that Hindu quote. I did a lot of digging and found it in several sizes. enjoy!

https://www.google.com/search?safe=off& ... 65#imgrc=_
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

wow, good find there Underground Pyro!