GITS 2.0

Discussions about the first film (Ghost in the Shell) and the second (Innocence)

Moderator: sonic

Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Post by Saito »

I would too, but I'd probably have to go to London to see it because our local flick house only shows hollywood pap all the time. I'll keep my eyes open, if anyone else in the UK spots it at a cinema let me know...
[MKFC] [BFC] [NINf] [BID] [TMDDFCA] [LMFC]
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
Purifying Flame of Justic
Location: The Outer Plane of Xatorsika; Pondering upon my own existence, what path in life shall I embark on?

Post by Purifying Flame of Justic »

Wooho! Sounds awesome.
"It is terrible to die of thirst on the ocean.
Does your truth have to be so salty that it can no longer even - quench thirst?" Nietzsche
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Purifying Flame of Justic wrote:Wooho! Sounds awesome.
Whoa, haven't seen you around here in a while! ^^

Gosh guys, I'm getting more and more excited, knowing that this is out in a month! :3

mm
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
Purifying Flame of Justic
Location: The Outer Plane of Xatorsika; Pondering upon my own existence, what path in life shall I embark on?

Post by Purifying Flame of Justic »

marto_motoko wrote:
:)

... Was Innocence actually shown in the cinema in the English speaking world?
"It is terrible to die of thirst on the ocean.
Does your truth have to be so salty that it can no longer even - quench thirst?" Nietzsche
Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

Purifying Flame of Justic wrote:
marto_motoko wrote:
:)

... Was Innocence actually shown in the cinema in the English speaking world?
If memory serves me right. I don't think it was :cry: at least not in the US
The Hokie Pokie "IS" what it's all About.
THYREN

Post by THYREN »

I think it was in the movie theatres in France (probably because it was officially presented at the Cannes festival) ... too bad I was already in Canada at that time :(
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly ?

marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Epiphany, it was shown here. They for sure had screenings of it in Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Chicago, certain places in Michigan state, can't really recall where, Los Angeles, New York, Boston, and other cities. Almost every major city of a state in the Mid-West for sure.

Reason I know that is because I went to Minneapolis, Milwaukee and Chicago to watch it three times while in Theatres. :oops:

mm :gabu:
Elmo_Redux

Post by Elmo_Redux »

I saw it on the big screen in the UK, can't remember where though. But I somehow doubt we'll see GitS 2.0 prior to the DVD release except maybe in some arts cinemas it's just too niche.
simon's ghost

Post by simon's ghost »

I first saw it in theater here in montreal actually. do I have to mention the parade was absolutely mindblowing on the big screen? we're lucky to have so many repertoire theaters.

I think it was actually shown in japanese with subs...
Oh well.
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

simon's ghost wrote: I think it was actually shown in japanese with subs...
I always fancied that version much more. It was far dearer to hear the original intonation, and I liked the subtitled translations far more than the english dub - they took out a lot, and treated the audience dumber, since they bother explaining almost every quote, as if though we can't do that on our own....

mm
Elmo_Redux

Post by Elmo_Redux »

There were two different versions of the subs for innocence though and one of them was painfully bad.
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Elmo_Redux wrote:There were two different versions of the subs for innocence though and one of them was painfully bad.

On which DVDs were they?

I always liked the one for the US release of Innocence, but I have never seen the british version subbed. Is that the one that has the crappy translation for subs?

mm
Elmo_Redux

Post by Elmo_Redux »

I'm not sure to be honest :P I think the UK got the good subs for the DVD but the earlier bad subs for the cinema release. :?
StuckInTheShell

Post by StuckInTheShell »

It looks freakin amazing. They needed to do this since the original GITS movie looks and sounds pretty bad on DVD and Blu-Ray (mostly due to the physical degradation of the source material). I CANT WAIT until this is released on blu-ray
Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Post by Saito »

I didn't think the original movie was at all bad on DVD. I can see maybe it didn't upscale 100% well to Blu-Ray, but the DVD was fine for me. Maybe I haven't got my eyes tuned in right, or I'm just not fussy :P

I'm not adverse to a remaster/authentic remake though. It'll be awesome to see it in a new light trough an old window.
[MKFC] [BFC] [NINf] [BID] [TMDDFCA] [LMFC]
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...