Innocence British version

Discussions about the first film (Ghost in the Shell) and the second (Innocence)

Moderator: sonic

marto_motoko

Innocence British version

Post by marto_motoko »

:S Just wondering, since I couldn't figure this out on my own, but does the dvd with Innocence and the first movie that is being released in the UK on the 27th also going to have the extra dvd from the Innocence special? If this explanation confused you, lemme put it this way:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... 73-1311600

Does this (above) Have the extra commentary and features dvd from

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... 73-1311600

This dvd?

It's just that in the second link I posted, I know it's a 2 disk special, but I still can't find if the 1st and 2nd movie pack has the extra from the Innocence special. :(

thanks in advance!

M.M.
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

I would expect that the boxset containing both Ghost in the Shell and Ghost in the Shell Innocence will contain the second Innocence DVD.
Míxtil

Post by Míxtil »

Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

Thanks Mixtil for clarifying that, it is good that the movies box set comes with the second Innocence DVD.

I just hope Manga USA release Innocence with English dubbed track and more extras for America.
Míxtil

Post by Míxtil »

I hope they hae re-dubbed Innocence in the UK, as aparently then origional dub was terrible, feturing stage directions.
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

If you want to read an early review of Innocence British DVD, go to http://www.dvdactive.com/reviews/dvd/gh ... cence.html
Míxtil

Post by Míxtil »

Wow, it looks perrrfect. Relives the got the SAC dub cast on it.
Vince

Post by Vince »

I've got a friend in the U.K and I'll be getting this soon enough. I'll report back on my thoughts of the dub.

With a film such as this, a dub is a convenience. It's fairly difficult to admire the visuals and having to read whole pages of dialogue at once.
Tonks_kittygoth
Location: The dark dark woods where the kitten monsters live....or happy la la land, my summer home.

Post by Tonks_kittygoth »

Is there any word of this coming to the US?Or do I just need tosave up for an all reagon dvd player?

Or Amazon.com doesnt say anything about it, that I can find at least.
"Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to man.
Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as
one wants to live and not die, so do other
creatures." - His Holiness The Dalai Lama
H-street

Post by H-street »

i ordered mine from the UK, had it shipped in.. Ordered it off amazon uk received it in 4 days (not bad for coming from the UK)..

since i don't have a region free player i just ripped the DVD and created a 1:1 region free copy, works great. ofcourse also encoded it for the PSP, its much easier to watch a dubbed moving on the 5" screen.

a blank DVD-DL is getting a bit cheaper (used to be 5$/disk when i first got my DVD-R), i think you can get a 10pack for 25$ (2.50$/disk)..
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

No news from US Manga Entertainment on whether or not they can get the rights from Dreamworks to being out another version of Innocence with the English SAC cast doing the voices of the characters in the film
alfonso2501

Post by alfonso2501 »

I really wish they would. While some of you believe sub is the only way to watch an anime , I feel it's too distracting to watch & read @ the same time.
H-street

Post by H-street »

yea i actually imported the UK version of innocense just for this reason (the SAC cast sub)..