Production IG is in negotations for a Live Action GitS film

Discussions about the first film (Ghost in the Shell) and the second (Innocence)

Moderator: sonic

GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

well the cool thing about the 3D format is that technology has really improved with that...I've heard U23D is really something else.
simon's ghost

Post by simon's ghost »

well, I can say I've been really impressed with Beowulf compared to FF: Spirits Within.
Oh well.
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Meh, FF Spirits Within was at least a nice phylosophical film with beautiful graphics. Beowulf butchered a favourite story of mine, and despite being pretty, certain parts looked fake enough to have been popped out of a Shrek movie.
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

simon's ghost wrote:well, I can say I've been really impressed with Beowulf compared to FF: Spirits Within.
Look at when "Spirits within" was made. Compare it to "Advent Children" Software has made huge jumps since it was made. Today gaming software makes almost as high quality CG characters as the software that was around when "Spirits was made"......But "Spirits" did have a good story to it. As well as breaking a lot of new ground.

I agree with marto_motoko about Beowolf. It went cartoony in to many places
The Hokie Pokie "IS" what it's all About.
Elmo_Redux

Post by Elmo_Redux »

I don't really care about the quality of the cg as long as the story is well told. Which is why I prefer spirits within to advent children or ..*shudder* beowulf(although spirits wasn't really that good anyway tbh). And woud prefer Persepolis over all of em'.
simon's ghost

Post by simon's ghost »

Well, I was only saying the graphic portential is there. the talent behind it makes the difference.
Oh well.
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

I hoped for Square-Enix to make another fully realistic attempt with their current technology like Spirits Within (surely noticable improvements would be made over the movement and what not), but I don't think it's economically viable. Sad...
Last edited by sonic on Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

The Variety article says that Jamie Moss will be the screenwriter. I've looked up the name and found that Jamie wrote Street Kings a new Keanu Reeves movie coming out. Other than that, he/she has a couple of spec scripts being in production.... I wish we could somehow flag Jamie to sign up on our board, so that we can secretly point this film in the "write" direction!
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

GhostLine wrote:. I wish we could somehow flag Jamie to sign up on our board, so that we can secretly point this film in the "write" direction!

>__< Oi, whatapun.........

I guess that's good news. No Paul Anderson, which is always good.

:D I say we get some fantastic Ewe Bol in this! :D ....................................................................................................

T_T OR NOT! Thank god that guy can no longer direct any movies, since his budget was taken away from him.

mm
ghosthack

Post by ghosthack »

GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

That looks pretty cool...

Welcome to the Shell Squad!
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

ghosthack wrote:Image
Wait, is that real? :gabu:

mm
THYREN

Post by THYREN »

it looks nice but it's probably only some random fan art :wink:
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly ?

p2501

Post by p2501 »

Im not too thrilled steven spielberg is doing it. He has a knack for "family friendly". Also remember when he did A.I.? took it over from the guy that died... he totally screwed the ending up.
Duct Tape Ninja

Post by Duct Tape Ninja »

I have to say, the whole Spielberg thing has me a bit worried. But he may not actually be too involved. Even if anything he may be a/the producer, a role he seems to fill better than director.