Stand Alone Complex DVDs and other SAC related products

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

On the http://www.ghostintheshell.tv site, they have released an image of what volume 5 will look like and it announces that Volume 5 Limited Edition contains two collectible figures, but it doesn't say what they will be.
THYREN

Post by THYREN »

Motoko2030 wrote:On the http://www.ghostintheshell.tv site, they have released an image of what volume 5 will look like and it announces that Volume 5 Limited Edition contains two collectible figures, but it doesn't say what they will be.
Maybe the figures could be like the ones made of highly compressed drugs by the young kid in the episode Red Data... but without the drug I guess :P
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly ?

james_sb

Post by james_sb »

Just cos it hasn't been said. The log 2 is out in japan. Looks the same but with a green colour.. Can't find the page right now... sorry. It's for sale on japanese Amazon

#EDIT#

Attack Shell Riot Squad S.A.C.2nd GIG Official Log 1
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASI ... 57-5812729

[Translated using internet engine: It's quite a bad translation]
In contents introduction DVD + hardcover special book, it is thorough explains the popularity image work of the Bandai visual "the EMOTION PLUS" series.
< DVD recording contents > (The digest image which collected the highlight scene to OA.16 from stormy bedroom j
- Highlight Flash main part OA.01!
- Collecting the numbers of the valuable interview which it cannot record to image benefit of the Interview Archives main part commodity, you record.
- From the animation production actual place of Studio ReportProduction I.G, the report with up-to-date image.
< BOOK recording contents (144P) >
- World view explanation of work
- discussion & _ mountain Kenji director × feather Umino CHIKA (cartoonist: The generation &#38468; &#12539;' honey and the clover ')
- up-to-date story several postrecording reports of star pas Saito's
- character introduction
- each story explanation (OA.01 - OA.16)
- Column etc..
Contents (from "the DVD NAVIGATOR" database)
-in "DVD+ hardcover special book" specification, "the attack shell riot squad S.A.C. 2nd GIG" compilation of the popularity "EMOTION PLUS" series which such as the fine arts it is thorough dissects the popularity work of the Bandai visual, We deliver the highlight scene to 18th story and the up-to-date report from production actual place from 1st story.

Attack Shell Riot Squad S.A.C.2nd GIG Official Log 2

Contents introduction DVD recording contents (85min. Stormy bedroom j )
* The highlight flash...
- you look back at the main part after OA.17 with &#12480;&#12452;&#12472; &#12455;&#12473;&#12488;. &#12463;&#12476; part: Hill Rikiya and the Gouda part: Discussion of Nisida health plus Kamiyama supervision insertion & interviewer mosquito eve...
- main part commodity interview file not yet recording image collection! Such speech, densely it is speech and warehouse putting out image large discharge! &#12431; &#12427; inside story and the staff whom it waits in world view and the character, the cast you take, comment recording & studio report "the continuation 9 stars everyday life"...
- series completion close production I. Raw report G 9th studio! Large pine Yutaka who participates as a production and a script the camera circumstances of 9 stars were photographed in the one hand, rare the bare face of the staff can peep image
< BOOK recording contents (160p stormy bedroom j >
* Akira Fujitsu the criticism 2nd GIG general survey due to thickly
* Kamiyama Kenji director interview (new: Interviewer mosquito Eve which collected speech the interviewer Sato large), former
* &#12450;&#12491;&#12513;&#12540;&#12472;&#12517; chief editor Ono learning/repairing one, Akira Fujitsu Kenji new type chief editor Yano and animation critic it depends thickly, "S.A.C. "Round table talk
* the reportage lighter/writer of the Dobashi Humiya office which appears in main part, the publication project book by Mitsuhashi &#12479;&#12459;&#12471; publication
*" attack shell S.A.C. of the American and France animation magazine "Introducing the article. The reading which develops the keyword "crime" which viewing &#12524;&#12509; of French edition DVD -
* the comment of the staff with each story explanation 17 - 26 story collections of data focusing on the explanation/special edition 6 May &#12531;&#12461;&#12515;&#12521; conduct record & setting & interview fine arts board,
* character scene everyday 2nd GIG all the story introduction + character scenes comment collection of everyday all the story introductions and the staff of recollection
* can be also &#12488; and introduce the setting of the mechanic and the character with the comment being attached, be also interview of the other main staff and dig out from the past presently future story of crime in the nucleus.
* Star pas Saito attack shell S.A.C. Entire it collects and the compilation attack shell world introducing the goods and the gadget which the &#22570; &#29437; &#65413; finish.
* The criticism with Fukutomi loyal harmony
* it gains essay cartoon previous very popular taking you see and start and Tetuya Nishio (character design), orange correct period (picture continuity production) you participate to in addition,!
* Media guide

Attack shell riot squad STAND ALONE COMPLEX Official Log 2

Recording contents >
1. HIGHLIGHT FLASH/LAUGHING MAN EDITION
2. audio commentary
3. VOICE AFTER 26stories
4. Connect &#26530; &#65426; collection
5. Attack shell riot squad STAND ALONE COMPLEX Official Log1 TV-CF making
Contents (from) the series first official book was enclosed
"the DVD NAVIGATOR" database ' attack shell riot squad STAND ALONE COMPLEX ' premium DVD. The connect &#26530; &#65426; to 26th story and recording "public peace 9 section round table talk" from 1st story. The thoroughness analysis of series explanation and laughing man incident and collection of data article and interview etc. are fully loaded to the book.

Sorry about the bad quality English. It's a bad translator, and it seems Japanese doesn't structure sentances the same as in English. I tried to format it a bit so it's easier to read. Hope you can read it.
Are you ANTI-POP?
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

Thanks for all of the details on what we can expect to find in the upcoming official log books.

I have a release date for Stand Alone Complex Official Log Volume 2 for the US, the release date is 06/15/06.
THYREN

Post by THYREN »

james_sb wrote:...

*" attack shell S.A.C. of the American and France animation magazine "Introducing the article. The reading which develops the keyword "crime" which viewing &#12524;&#12509; of French edition DVD -

:?: :?: :?: Is there anything particular on the french version DVD ? I would be happily surprised :P
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly ?

H-street

Post by H-street »

anyone get Vol 4 yet?

today is the release date (i'm going to go see if the local shop has it in, if not i guess i have to order it)..
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

I be getting SAC 2nd Gig Vol 4 hopefully sometime this week.
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

I'll be venturing out this weekend to see if suncoast has vol. 4 at the sale price of $15. If its $25 then I'll wait till it gets goes down to $15.
H-street

Post by H-street »

how many are getting the SE (Collectors edition)?

i just bought the entire 1st Gig SE with my tax return last month, have decided to keep up this time getting each as them come out (i do have the first 3 SEs for 2nd Gig)..
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

I am going to try to get the SE version of volume 4.
H-street

Post by H-street »

it appears there are 2 versions, i picked up my SE and it had some figures in it..

i was hoping it had the soundtrack.. so double check before you buy if you are after figures or the soundtrack..

the UPC for the figures is

69198 25230

while the soundtrack UPC is

669198 252303

i guess i have to see if i can buy the soundtrack seperate (anyone have a link?)
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

There are two SE versions of volume 4, I didn't know that.

I only knew that there was only one SE version, the one with the three figures.
H-street

Post by H-street »

poking around (www.dvdpricesearch.com) it seems half the sites list the figures, and half list the soundtrack..

eg.

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=ABD025230 has the soundtrack listed
Tonks_kittygoth
Location: The dark dark woods where the kitten monsters live....or happy la la land, my summer home.

Confused and annoyed

Post by Tonks_kittygoth »

Hi,

I was just about to send off a nasty letter to Amazon.com
It listed Vol 4 as having 4 figures and a soundtrack...
Mine had 2 figures the end.

They changed the listing to say 2 figures and a soundtrack, and sent me another one, with again, only the 2 figures.

Urge to kill rising...

So in reality, you can only get either 2 figures or the sountrack is what you guys are saying???????

I think Amazon has something to answer for here.... Maybe I'm being a brat, but my American self wants all the stuff they listed....
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

SAC 2nd Gig Volume 4 Limited Edition should come with three figures, a Batou figure, a maid android figure and the CEO of Megatech in a Jameson body figure according to images of the entire collection from the Vol 4 LE.