A question about Mirrors

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

Epiphany

A question about Mirrors

Post by Epiphany »

I'm new here so sorry if this is in the wrong forum.
Also sorry if it's a newb question from someone new to anime.

Mirrors seem to hold an important place in the entire GITS series and movies. From the bloody hand print to Togusa staring into one. To the comment "Mirrors are to be Glimpsed at, Not stared into." Is there an intentional relationship to self image or is it just for dramatic effect.

There also seems to be a lot of reflected images in other places ( Water and Windows. ECT. )that seem to be there for more than just visual effect. Is there something I'm missing?

I haven't read any of the GITS books or comics yet. Does the theme of refection show in those as well?
AJB2K3

Post by AJB2K3 »

Its todo with the spiritual fealings of eathe the book writer of the programe maker.
Also it to do with how others see you and how you see yourself.
Look at the forum image /\/\
Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

I understand that the reflected images in some scenes show the light and dark side of the characters. ( the forum image is a perfect example ) but in the innocent there is a mirror with a bloody hand print on it. Is that the hand print of the victim or the killer. based on the story i thought at first it was the hand print of one of the dolls. after watching again it seems that the dolls were made from the girl that was kept there. Theres nothing that i saw to indicate that any of the dolls were ever in the apartment.
simon's ghost

Post by simon's ghost »

I don't see the mirror play in GitS used to show a light and dark side, but rather an inner and outer perspective on characters and reality.
Oh well.
Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

simon's ghost wrote:I don't see the mirror play in GitS used to show a light and dark side, but rather an inner and outer perspective on characters and reality.
that could be. maybe i'm just looking for a darker side to them, so thats what i see.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED