Any sitings of the SSS sound track?

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

H-street

Any sitings of the SSS sound track?

Post by H-street »

With the show out in japan, was wondering if anyone has spotted the soundtrack yet...

this site says release on 11/22/06 (i'm assuming that is for japan though) http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=VICL-62172
Psychadelic_Soul

Post by Psychadelic_Soul »

I found a site that has two tracks available for d/l. They are really sweet but I'm not sure how legal the whole thing is.

The tracks are Player and the ending song, I forget the name. The only bad thing is Player is Tv Size so its only about a minute and a half but it still blows your mind.
I'd just be the catcher in the rye and all.
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

The ending song is called date or rebirth.
ghost

Post by ghost »

What is SSS ?
Lightice

Post by Lightice »

Solid State Society. The new TV movie that continues the story of Stand Alone Complex. It won't be out in the US until 2007.
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!
Motoko2030

Great news SSS OST coming out in Japan

Post by Motoko2030 »

Stand Alone Complex Solid State Society OST is coming out in Japan on November 22nd 2006.

Image of the cover of the Solid State Society OST

1. player

2. replica

3. zero signal

4. solid state society

5. tempest

6. born stubborn

7. she is

8.from the roof top?somewhere in the silence [sniper's theme](2nd GIG)

9. undivided

10. blues in the Net

11. human step?aramaki's theme

12. date of rebirth

13. take a little hand

14. remedium

Got the details of the Solid State Society OST from http://www.production-ig.co.jp/contents ... tml#002839
H-street

Post by H-street »

nice, thanks for the info..

maybe bandai (i think they are the ones releasing SSS in the US) will have an SSS special edition that includes the Soundtrack (i loved that about the SAC SE's)..
Psychadelic_Soul

Hey just to let everyone here know, I ordered the SSS OST direct from Japan and it got here on Friday, 24 November. It is incredible, as I assumed it would be. Also, the tracks Tempest and Human Step - Aramaki's Theme are both reused from their appearances in 2nd Gig. If anyone has any other questions I'd be happy to answer :D
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

I have a question! Does this OST contain a Origa single? Both "Inner Universe" and "Rise" are amazingly epic, I'd love for another one.
H-street

Post by H-street »

Both Player and Date of Rebirth are vocals by Origa..

From the Roof Top and and Replica are vocals by Ilaria Graziano

Personally 2 of my favorite GITS tracks are Monochome and Where Does this Ocean Go? sung by Ilaria Graziano (i'm hoping the above 2 are just as good)..
Psychadelic_Soul

Both Date of Rebirth and Player are beautifully sung, but Player just takes the cake. It's extremely haunting, plus it continues with the trend of the lyrics being mostly in Russian. For reference, the shorter TV Size is used in the Solid State Society trailer.

And yes, Ilaria Graziano is amazing, I Do was a perfect track IMO.

Also, if anyone can remember the scene from 2nd Gig in episode number 23 I believe, where Aramaki is speaking with the Major via cybercomm right before the communication jam goes into effect. They are talking about how they have to survive with the plutonium in time for the UN inspection team to arrive. They are all in the back of a van and some very moving trumpet notes give a very strong sense of purpose and duty. All in all a very good track. That is included on the SSS OST and I am assuming it is used in the movie as well. That is track 11, Human Step - Aramaki's Theme.
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Thanks for the info, I'll be sure to check this out now.
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

I liked the short version of the Player soundtrack from the SSS trailer, it is good to hear that the soundtrack has outstanding songs on it.

I will be getting the soundtrack when it comes out in America.
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

I allready ordered mine from CD Japan. Mine should arive in about 8 days or so. >_> It sure cost me a pretty penny though...

mm
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
Individual11

Post by Individual11 »

I have the soundtrack with me! and i shud say it roxx! i liked almost all the tracks, and my favorites r player, replica, from the roof top (sniper's theme), and date of rebirth! one or two tracks have a jazzy feel and reminded me of Cowboy Bebop! But coming from Yoko Kanno, its no surprise! :D