Pazu and Boma Section 9's great enigmas.

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

Neuromancer

Post by Neuromancer »

I know what part you're talking about, Lightice. I might get around to watching that segment again to check. Need to watch that episode again anyway, see if I can find the japanese version of the song the Tachis were singing.
contact

Post by contact »

Lightice wrote:There is a small mistake near the end of the 2nd Gig, though - there's a scene that shows almost all the members of Section 9 doing the "cyborg jump", including Saito, although no mention has been made of him increasing the number of his implants. Though since we only saw it by glimpse, it's possible that someone else was assisting him.
Yeah when they're going to steal the helicopter, I thought that was a bit strange too. You can only see his legs though so maybe he just climbed it.

Also at the end of the Pazu episode, when the major is talking to batou, did he just assume she was coming on to him and say "I never sleep with the same woman twice", or is that his reaction to all women?
contact

Post by contact »

or did they get it on???
NotAnAverageAnimeFan

Post by NotAnAverageAnimeFan »

contact wrote:or did they get it on???
LOL Get your mind out of the gutter. I thought she meant he said that while she was asking him about himself during an interview for a position, but my mind never went there. How funny :D.

But on a more serious note...

Bolma and Pazu may be enigmas but at the very least we can assume they must be a serious force to recon with considering they got into an group like Section 9. The recruit test didn't look like a walk in the park either.
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Lightice wrote:
AJB2K3 wrote: Saito got quite a bit of screen time.

In the movie? He doesn't say anything - Aramaki just commands him to get the assault squad ready. In the manga he makes some comments, but I wouldn't call his appearance exactly lengthy.
His face was shown. It was the grumpy guy with the brown jacket, and he had both of his eyes. For some reason, Oshii strayed from the cybernetic eye.

mm
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Post by Saito »

I don't know if this helps any, but Boma's eyes are similar in design to Batou's, although the optics are a different colour. Also in SAC it's intimated that he used to be responsible for rigging nukes. This would lead me to think that Boma is an ex-military operative, maybe a sapper or some sort of covert ops technician. He has high level hacker skills, an obvious talent for blowing stuff up (I can tell, just from the character :) ) and is highly cyberised.

Just a theory...
[MKFC] [BFC] [NINf] [BID] [TMDDFCA] [LMFC]
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
tso

Post by tso »

Much of 2nd gig gives the impression that Boma had worked with explosives before, not just nukes (technically, nukes are just like other explosives, except for the special core explosive).

Like the episode where they are looking for suicide bombers, Boma is doing the on-site inspection.

So i think his line about the nuke being disarmed is of a more "i used to build bombs", then nukes specifically.

And the hacking thing could be more of a data sorting/research.
Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Post by Saito »

Just to clear up a definition here, 'Hacking' is no defined in computer technical parlance as being an actual act of violating or 'breaking into' a computer system. In the classical definition a 'Hacker' is simply someone who works on a system for long periods and has wide ranging and expert knowledge. Society has confused and cross-translated the phrase with a 'Cracker', which is defined in classical computer parlance as a person who actually violates or breaks into systems, cracks security systems etc. Hackers often are also Crackers, but the two are not always connected. GiTS technically has that wrong, but I'm willing to accept it was 'lost in translation' to Japanese ;)

That would make Boma a pretty good Hacker, and in many episodes his research and data seeking involves Cracking and such also.

I agree his skills are with explosives, but in that episode where he dealt with the Nuke he expressed specific familiarity with the types of explosive in use, and the system they were rigged with, implying he had worked on such systems before, i.e. on a nuclear armament.
[MKFC] [BFC] [NINf] [BID] [TMDDFCA] [LMFC]
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
stand-al0ne

hmm

Post by stand-al0ne »

To be honest, I did not know Pazu was cyberized that much ( if at all). And if he is, what parts of him are?

But getting back to the original topic, yes, Pazu and Boma are two characters I would love to see more info about.

But like someone else said, the intrigue we have for these characters may be due to the fact that we dont know much about them and are left to draw our own conclusions...particularly I would like to know why Pazu joined section 9 because he seems like the type who wouldnt be a "team player" or even have the desire to work for the common good.

And yes, I love how they picked Boma to be the one who did the car crash assassination. I mean who watched that for the first time and was not blown away!! (side note, does section 9 control the whole entire building because it seems they had access to nearly all of it and had various floors in a larger building)

It also is interesting that Boma is as overweight as he is - I know he does alot of the intel work such as Ichikawa, but you would think if they can cyberize someone, they can help with your figure too--who knows, maybe thats what helps draw him even more so as an "average joe"

By the way, since I am a fairly new member, you're going to see alot of posts by me concerning the episodes plotline, etc...which I'm sure alot of you veterans have talked to death by now, but nonetheless, maybe we'll be able to dig up some new views on the subjects....

-SA
Image "Fortune Favors the Brave"