Looking for Song..

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

Mischa

Post by Mischa »

In Excavation (one of the "Togusa" eps):

It plays elsewhere, too, but there's a piece that begins with clapping-type percussion and turns into a drum & bass thing when Togusa is running from the military rigs. I own all 3 OSTs and the SSS OST, yet am unable to find the track.

Does anybody know what the song name is, what the album is, and how I could legally obtain it?
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Mischa wrote:In Excavation (one of the "Togusa" eps):

It plays elsewhere, too, but there's a piece that begins with clapping-type percussion and turns into a drum & bass thing when Togusa is running from the military rigs. I own all 3 OSTs and the SSS OST, yet am unable to find the track.

Does anybody know what the song name is, what the album is, and how I could legally obtain it?
Aaah, another of SAC's infamous mystery songs. Don't worry, it'll eventually reveal itself. If not, what the case might be is that it's a different rendition of an allready existing soundtrack. They tend to do that a bit throughout the series. :S Especially with different amazing vocal renditions for allready existing songs. A remix CD would be a godsend with all of those songs.....

mm
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
mrtodd

Post by mrtodd »

all i could suggest is do you have the Be human Album??? Even though is supposed to be an album dedicated to the tachikoma it does have some of the main songs used throughout the first and second series

http://www.jameswong.com/ykproject/disc ... ts_behuman

try this link and play track 9 Splotter i think its the one your after
Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Post by Saito »

If anyone is interested I plan on watching both boxsets through again soon and analysing them in more detail. I hope to note down a list of at least some occurrences of each song on the OSTs (inc. Be Human). I'll doubtless miss some and not be able to ID some, but I have a fair idea of the songs on the CDs so I'll make a good stab at it.

If this is of interest I'll post it on this thread, maybe someone can graft it onto the first post?
[MKFC] [BFC] [NINf] [BID] [TMDDFCA] [LMFC]
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
AJB2K3

Post by AJB2K3 »

Mischa wrote:In Excavation (one of the "Togusa" eps):

If someone discovers the name here
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_nr_i_2 ... %3Apopular
could be a lickly place to buy
Kadaj

Post by Kadaj »

New song name request:

This song plays during two parts of the anime (edit: first series, not 2nd GIG) that I can remember. It has been over a year since I've last attentively watched SAC, except when I happen to catch an ep on [AS], but this has always lingered on my mind at one time or another. So, I may have my episode listings mistaken, but I'm pretty sure these are the ones...

11: PORTRAITZ
Very end of the episode, zooming in on the baseball mitt.

23: EQUINOX
Very end of the episode, revealing of the disguise. (Phrased ambiguously so as not to spoil)

If I should explain myself... I have OST1 and Be Human soundtracks, and would like to add that song to my playlist. However, I'm not exactly willing to pay for multiple CDs just for a single song.
I can't be cool.
Voiture Lumiere

Post by Voiture Lumiere »

New news, there's apparently a OST 4 with unreleased songs coming with a new CD:Box collection. Only bad part is apparently that you'd have to get all the other soundtracks again to get it or something.

http://gabrielarobin.com/63/ghost-in-th ... -sac-ost-4
If you look at the topic at the bottom about unreleased songs" you\'ll notice some samples of unreleased songs there for downloading. Albeit, I still don't hear the song that was at the last episode of the 2ng Gig. =/

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=VIZL-256
mrtodd

Post by mrtodd »

Humm.

well im rewatching the ghost in the shell series. im almost finished the first gig.. so when i get to it ill see whether i can tell you what the song is.

:P
Kadaj

Post by Kadaj »

Well, I still haven't found out a name yet for my song name request. Been checking back here every few months and still haven't figured out what it was since from anywhere else. :P If anyone knows and could hook me up with the name, it would be awesome.
I can't be cool.
Ed B.

Post by Ed B. »

In volume 6, there is a scene where The Major and the rest of section 9 go and hi-jack a helicopter to fly into Dejima to deliver the plutonium. I'm pretty sure it's episode 23 "Martial Law".
The scene begins right after Kuze talks to what appears to be Aramaki's brother about what he intends for his revolution. After that this music starts to play and that is the music I was wondering about. I'm not sure if it's on vol. 1 or 2 of the OST's because I haven't gotten them yet but from what I've heard it sounds almost like a different version of Stamina Rose.
Can anyone confirm this track?
Kadaj

Post by Kadaj »

Bump. Five years after my original request a few posts up. Still haven't found the song name XD
I can't be cool.
Freitag

Post by Freitag »

Kadaj wrote:Bump. Five years after my original request a few posts up. Still haven't found the song name XD
Sorry man, I think that means that no one here knows it.
People tend to look at you a little strangely when they know you stuff voodoo dolls full of Ex-Lax.