Looking for Song..

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

mrtodd

Post by mrtodd »

hey guys this is my first post of many i hope..

i was looking to find out if anyone could tell me what a certain song was..

its on volume 5 of SAC from the complete 1st gig boxset and its the song/excerpt that plays when you choose episode 17 from the main list.

so that on your screen you can either play episode 17, read about it or read about the characters that will feature in the volume.

i have the first three soundtracks: +, 2 and 3 so any help would be real nice even if its just finding out that i cant get the song.

Thanks
mrtodd

Post by mrtodd »

the song also features in episode 17.. when the major intends to steal one of the british taskforces armour in the alley... :| and in episode 18 when the major scares the assasins sister in her sleep...
mrtodd

Post by mrtodd »

is it me or are people just not interested in the whole helping others find songs?? :?
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

mrtodd wrote:is it me or are people just not interested in the whole helping others find songs?? :?
Well if someone wants to help its fine with me. But sometimes it takes some work. I mean getting out your DVD, going to the episode then looking for it on your CDs... I'd also assume that most people don't have all the CDs to look up songs on, but I don't know. I don't have the DVDs and I don't have the CDs so I don't have the ability to help.
mrtodd

Post by mrtodd »

yer thats fary nuff..

im beggining to see that the song gets used in alot of the episodes but in different forms which leads me to believe that the song should be on the cds i have..

like for example on volume 6 on the episode 22 menu where you see:

Run program
View source code
Character profiles

i think the song playing there is the bit before the string bit im looking for.. because the song excerpt after on the episode 23 menu has the same backing beat....

rest assured im trying my best to search for the song aswell and if i find it ill post up the info for anyone that wants to know...
mrtodd

Post by mrtodd »

well i found the song...

its on the cd i dont have!!! lol bugger!

so the song was track 9 ~ splotter on the be human soundtrack!! grrr ill have to go buy it now!!
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

mrtodd wrote:well i found the song...

its on the cd i dont have!!! lol bugger!

so the song was track 9 ~ splotter on the be human soundtrack!! grrr ill have to go buy it now!!
Cream, and Bang Bang Banquet are also some excellent tracks on that Soundtrack. Along with the everlasting favourite of many, Be Human. Oh, beware the song called 'What can I say?'. It's like something that fell out of the 'Annie' Album from the musical. Screechy, creepy, and most definatelly unpleasant. :cry: That, and it gets stuck in your head!

AI Combat Team Tachikomas is a fun track though. It's the second to last track on the disk, I think.

mm
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
mrtodd

Post by mrtodd »

well i just purchased the cd off of what seems to be a website that is actually selling the real deal for proper prices i.e. £9.99 instead of £25 upwards..

when it comes ill know for sure.
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

mrtodd wrote:well i just purchased the cd off of what seems to be a website that is actually selling the real deal for proper prices i.e. £9.99 instead of £25 upwards..

Animecastle.com is also a very nice site. I'm just not sure if they ship elsewhere than United States.

:) I hope you enjoy the CD!

mm
mrtodd

Post by mrtodd »

marto_motoko wrote:
mrtodd wrote:well i just purchased the cd off of what seems to be a website that is actually selling the real deal for proper prices i.e. £9.99 instead of £25 upwards..

Animecastle.com is also a very nice site. I'm just not sure if they ship elsewhere than United States.

:) I hope you enjoy the CD!

mm
thanks ill have a look at the site.
mrtodd

Post by mrtodd »

well im 95% sure that the cd is NOT a fake so www.otaku.co.uk is where you want to be getting your stuff from if your in the uk..

they do post to the usa with the lowest postage cost being around $12 for a single item $20 for two and $28 for three or more.. so thats a pretty good deal.. oh and postage to the uk is freeeeeee!

im really impressed!
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

I'm going to go ahead and sticky this topic since a lot of people seem to be asking questions like this. Please direct all future "what song is this?" questions to this thread. Thanks. :)
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Jeni Nielsen wrote:I'm going to go ahead and sticky this topic since a lot of people seem to be asking questions like this. Please direct all future "what song is this?" questions to this thread. Thanks. :)
Haha! You just gave yourself another headache.
Example:

randomdude2501: Uuuuh....what's the name of Inner Universe? 8B

Jeni Nielsen: D:< WRONG TOPIC! POST IN THE GOSHDARN STICKY YOU@#$$!!!!! FOR THE THOUSANDTH TIME!!!

randomdude2501: Ok.......but can you give the name of Inner Universe?

Jeni Nielsen: ......T_T......that's it....I quit....

:lol: I can't wait. I mean no offense by taking enjoyment of such scenario taking place, but you do know there's a certain truth behind the alligation! :lol:

mm
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

marto_motoko wrote:
Jeni Nielsen wrote:I'm going to go ahead and sticky this topic since a lot of people seem to be asking questions like this. Please direct all future "what song is this?" questions to this thread. Thanks. :)
Example:

Jeni Nielsen: D:< WRONG TOPIC! POST IN THE GOSHDARN STICKY YOU@#$$!!!!! FOR THE THOUSANDTH TIME!!!

:lol: I can't wait. I mean no offense by taking enjoyment of such scenario taking place, but you do know there's a certain truth behind the alligation! :lol:

mm
Nah it's fine. I'm happy to do actual moderating that doesn't deal with spam. :)
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

marto_motoko wrote:
Example:

mm
Nah it's fine. I'm happy to do actual moderating that doesn't deal with spam. :)