season 3?

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

inoesomestuff

season 3?

Post by inoesomestuff »

i while ago i heard news about how there was going to be a season 3 (for the anime), any ETA on that?
~nothing to say~
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

as far as anyone knows, there is no fully planned season 3. there is, however, a 90 min film based on the Gits:SAC franchise in production...(see threads having to do with Solid State Society).
NotAnAverageAnimeFan

Post by NotAnAverageAnimeFan »

I've read that the series director has began working on another project. So, someone else could take his place, I dont think its likely, or it could just be done (for now). Ghost In The Shell doesnt really have the kind of writing you can pump out season after season, after all.
AJB2K3

Post by AJB2K3 »

what happend to the second gig dvd that was telling the story between motoko and kuza?
Wix

Post by Wix »

Well, it may be a pipe dream, but I hope there is a third season. I'll keep buying if they'll keep making, and that's a fact. Mostly, I want to see some resolution between Motoko and Batou, even if it's bad. I don't feel Innocence had any resolution, because Motoko is out there, floating, leaving Batou in limbo and unable to grieve or move on.

AJB2K3, what do you mean about the Kuze/Motoko storyline? It's vol. 7 and it came out in the US just a bit ago, if that is what you are referring to: but I'm not sure you are.
Ma Gavte La Nata
ultace

Post by ultace »

i think hes talking about the a different disc or maybe the box set even

but anyways i really do wish for this series to continue its soo freaking good i love it.

it's like nicatine to me :)
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

There is a SAC 2nd Gig Compilation DVD coming out in region 1 next year where it just contains the scenes from the second season that involve the refugees.

As for a third season of SAC, Solid State Society film is not going to the end of Stand Alone Complex and more SAC will be coming out.
ultace

Post by ultace »

yeah ur right it's probley gonna be a third cause they didn't announce the end of it by the way Motoko2030 are u just saying this as ur opinion or do u have some statments that suggests there will be more just wondering thats all
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

All I know is that at the Anime Expo that happened in America during the month of July of this year, one of the representatives from Production IG told the audience that SSS will not be the end of SAC.
ultace

Post by ultace »

i c so either another movie or another season
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

Yes, the next installment of SAC could be another SAC movie or a TV series.
ultace

Post by ultace »

would rather series fine the series r better then the movies
ultace

Post by ultace »

if they do, do a series i hope there will be a good plot to it and maybe some more show time of the Major
simon's ghost

Post by simon's ghost »

Is it just me? Or the prospect of a 3rd season is very unlikely given the ending of 2nd Gig?
Oh well.
Lightice

Post by Lightice »

simon's ghost wrote:Is it just me? Or the prospect of a 3rd season is very unlikely given the ending of 2nd Gig?

I taught so, too, first time I saw it, but after the Solid State Society, it's almost given that a third season is planned. That doesn't neccesarily mean it'll come out, but at least the groundwork's in place.
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!