Stand Alone Complex Volume 3 - White Maze novel

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

Motoko2030

Stand Alone Complex Volume 3 - White Maze novel

Post by Motoko2030 »

The last volume of Stand Alone Complex has been posted on the DH Press Books website.

The quote below is from [url]http://www.dhpressbooks.com/profile.php?prodid=13-468[.url]
ISBN: 1-59582-074-4

Publisher: DH Press

Writer: Junichi Fujisaku

Format: SC, 276pg, 5" x 7"

Publication Date: Nov. 08, 2006

Price: 8.95

The year is 2030. Advances in robotics and cyberbrain technology have transformed the world into a miraculous place where almost anything is possible--even the melding of humans and machines. In this not-too-distant future, the crimes of flesh and metal are investigated by Section 9, an elite counterterrorist squad headed by Chief Aramaki and his cyborg sidekick, Major Motoko Kusanagi. When dead bodies, drained of blood and with two bite marks on their necks, start turning up on the streets of Tokyo, it isn't long before the entire city is in a panic. As Major Kusanagi and the other members of Section 9 investigate the killings they begin to wonder--is the killer a real vampire or something much worse? In a dark world of murder, where cyberbrain hacks and treacherous conspiracies reach to the furthest heights of government, Section 9 is all that stands between the people and anarchy.
DJ Neo

Post by DJ Neo »

Love the cover, can't wait.
houkou5tail

Post by houkou5tail »

Vampires? Well, given that it is Ghost in the Shell, I will hold judgement.
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

I never would expect vampires to be featured in Ghost in the Shell but I am interested in finding out how the writer is going to incorporate it in Ghost in the Shell.
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

yeah, i'm a litle quizzical about the vampire bit myself.... i wonder how Section 9 gets involved?
Lightice

Post by Lightice »

I presume that the "vampire" is not a real (supernatural) vampire, but a crazed cyborg, malfunctioning robot or something like that. I'm reminded of an episode in the original Bubblegum Crisis, where there were vampire attacks caused by a boomer, that was replacing her damaged artifical blood supply with real blood.
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!