Stand Alone Complex, Volume 1: The Lost Memory (paperback)

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Maybe he's reading the Innocence book.

I would love anyone who reads it to give what they think, so I can determine wether or not I'm going to buy it.
MiNaeClem

Post by MiNaeClem »

I am so very sorry. I am of course reading innocence novel. Posted in the wrong topic... :oops: They look alike since they're both book topics :P
Some things are too important to be taken seriously.
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

I will definitely be picking up the Stand Alone Complex novel and the other two volumes after this one in the Stand Alone Complex series.

As for the Innocence book, the artwork inside it is well done and it reads like you are Batou and that you get to know what it is like to be Batou.
sail65506

Notify

Post by sail65506 »

Motoko2030 wrote:I personally am looking forward to reading this book, the cover looks great, the description is something that you would find in the Stand Alone Complex universe and the writer has participated in a lot in the episodes of SAC.
How will i know hen it is done? :(!
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

The Stand Alone Complex novel comes out April 5th 2006
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Motoko2030 wrote:The Stand Alone Complex novel comes out April 5th 2006
Is that the US realse, of the Japanese realse?
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

It is the US release date.
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Motoko2030 wrote:It is the US release date.
Thanks Motoko2030. This spring, eairly summer's gonna be huge. FFXII, KH2, and countless things Ghost in the Shell related.
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

Black Mamba wrote:Maybe he's reading the Innocence book.

I would love anyone who reads it to give what they think, so I can determine wether or not I'm going to buy it.
the Innocence novel is great. it fills out more of Batou's character in the story as his relationship to his dog Gabriel/ Gabu. It begs to have the detective noir flavor as in the Innocence film and speaks a lot of musical influences of Lee Morgan and Simon & Garfunkle's Sound of Silence. So far, since i havn't finished it, there is much discussion of ghost-consciousness and the soul--it delves directly into what we talk alot about here, so i think it's required reading per se. There is also a discussion between the author and Mamoru Oshii at the end of the book, which i can't wait to get to. It's a very deep book and has some delighting insight on e-brains.
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

The image of the Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex Lost Memory Novel page on AnimeNation shop website at http://us.st11.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com ... _130001540 has a parental stick on the front cover warning the readers that the novel contains graphic adult content. So I don't know if this novel is a text novel, a graphical novel or a novel with both text and graphics.
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Hmm.... My guess would be, since its a novel, that the content contained adult content. As much as the cover looks like a graphic novel though.
Marlene

Post by Marlene »

Maybe they have the Innocence book?

Anywhoo.... I cannot wait for the book to come out. I'm really excited about them bringing out the novels. I find I go through mangas too quickly.

I just read the GitS Innocence 2: After the Long Goodbye. It was amazing. So I have high hopes for this one.

Marlene
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

The release date of the Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Volume 1 The Lost Memory novel has been pushed back to May 17th 2006 and there is a new front cover for the novel, click on http://images.darkhorse.com/covers/med/13/13466.jpg to view the new front cover.