Solid Sate Society Blu-Ray new english audio track?

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

StuckInTheShell

Solid Sate Society Blu-Ray new english audio track?

Post by StuckInTheShell »

not much news here except for a link to the official blog http://www.bandai-ent.com/i/

What I dont understand is why are they recording a new english audio track? Dont they already have one for the Australian and UK version of the movie?
H-street

Post by H-street »

my best guess would be they are redoing it with the Laughing Man and Individual 11 movie english cast.. which is different than the TV english dub cast..

personally i can't stand the new cast but some of that has to do with the fact that th ey actually changed the dialogue in some cases, not to mention the motoko voice (Allison Mathews) isn't nearly as good at delivering the dialog as Mary Elizabeth McGlynn (the series Motoko)..
Storm

Post by Storm »

Wow! I'm blown away, I've never heard of Alison Matthews.

a quick search on google:
http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/voi ... -Kusanagi/

Very interesting. I actually had the individual 11 DVD set, watched it throughout, and never once did I think the voice wasn't Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, maybe my version was her? I'm so confused. I'm in Australia, so maybe all our dubs are M.E McGlynn.

Gahh! I hate it when I find out news like this :)
Freitag

Post by Freitag »

I have never heard Alison Matthews' voice before.

The Kwan recording has too much distortion in it to be sure, but I think Ive never heard her before either.

And Woods, I need to watch the movie again. I don't really recall well enough I guess. Seems flatter than I remember.
People tend to look at you a little strangely when they know you stuff voodoo dolls full of Ex-Lax.
Chroma

Post by Chroma »

Well I guess I've never heard any of them. Original version is much more interesting. Besides, most of the cast is conserved through all the anime (except some character like Aramaki in the first 2 movies.)
Freitag

Post by Freitag »

Mom bought be a Blu Ray player for my birthday. My first two movies for it were 1002, and 2010. Maybe I'll start my anime headed to Blu soon too :D
People tend to look at you a little strangely when they know you stuff voodoo dolls full of Ex-Lax.