Did Armanki leaked the existence of Section 9 to the public?

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

headpower

Did Armanki leaked the existence of Section 9 to the public?

Post by headpower »

Did Armanki leaked the existence of Section 9 to the public or was it the Seretary General leaked Section 9 to the media? When i was watching SAC ep26, Batou was explaining to Togusa that it was Armanki planned all along to sacrifice section 9 in order to prosecute the Seretary general, and then batou said when the major was disgusing as the laughing man to talk to Seranoic guy, section 9 was leaked to the media and they can no longer operate in the dark. So was it Secretary genreal leaked section 9 or was it Armanki leaked section 9 to the media to force the president to make the deal of prosecuting Seretary General after the lower house election. I am confused.
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

It went both ways. Aramaki saw it as an inevitable action that was going to be taken, so rather than trying to uselessly stop it, he simply twisted the revealing of the organization in a manner that would best suit section 0, also jeopardizing the group.

It was a lose-win-win-lose situation, each action having dramatic consequences.

mm
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
headpower

Post by headpower »

Thanks for the answer, because I got confused when Armanki asked the major to investigate who leaked section 9 info to the public, so he was the one that leaked the info to the media to force a deal with the PM.

Secretary general is same as secretary of state, am I correct? And in 2nd season GIG, the guy with white hair is called Cabinet Secretary, is he the same position as the secretary general in first season?
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

headpower wrote:Thanks for the answer, because I got confused when Armanki asked the major to investigate who leaked section 9 info to the public, so he was the one that leaked the info to the media to force a deal with the PM.

Secretary general is same as secretary of state, am I correct?
Unless I completely got it wrong, then yes, that is what happened. And I honestly can't say safely if the Secretary of State is the same as Secretary General. ^^' Rather clueless on political jargon.....

And in 2nd season GIG, the guy with white hair is called Cabinet Secretary, is he the same position as the secretary general in first season?
I'm fairly certain, but don't quote me on that.

mm
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?