Favourite SAC track?

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

hazle

Post by hazle »

The tachikoma's kamikaze song. I've been watching and rewatching the last episode just so I can hear them sing. And then I'll get teary eyed. I know, I'm a sucker for pain.
M4nu3l

Post by M4nu3l »

[quote="hazle"]The tachikoma's kamikaze song. I've been watching and rewatching the last episode just so I can hear them sing. And then I'll get teary eyed. I know, I'm a sucker for pain.[/quote]

haha. I totally agree. I have it on my ringtone. And people wonder why I answer in a somber tone. :(
barney

Post by barney »

Ha, the tachikomas` kamikaze song - now there`s a cracking piece of audio accompaniment to a surprise ending, although I spotted the `message in a bottle` & thought "hmm...I wonder if...?".

I`m surprised that there`s no mention of Date Of Rebirth from the end of SSS, which I think would be a perfect finale - although I fervently hope that there`s more to come in the SAC saga.

I didn`t know of the existence of SAC until the trailer/teaser included on Innocence, but was hooked within the 1st 30 secs of Origa`s performance of Rise.

Come to think of it,Innocence opens &closes with 2 beautifully selected compositions, too.
Zidore

Can't see the point in doing this

Post by Zidore »

Inner universe and its reduced form flashback memory stick. What lyrics and such great talent! Hats off to yoko kanno and origa. Ms. Kanno is the reason i even saw earth girl arjuna.
cong06

Post by cong06 »

I'm not sure which I like better: Rise, the intro from 2nd Gig, or Origa from the first one.
Probably Rise.

Is it lame that my favorite ones are the intro songs? At least they're worthy of playing each time you start an intro. There's few tv shows that have an intro good enough to make it worthwhile waiting through (when you don't have to). The only other I can think of is Smallville, but I would never compare Smallville and GitS in regards to any other factor.
Zidore

Post by Zidore »

The entry songs to GitS are inspirational. I implore all members to look up the lyrics. soul stirring stuff!
Freitag

Post by Freitag »

Zidore wrote:The entry songs to GitS are inspirational. I implore all members to look up the lyrics. soul stirring stuff!
Went looking. Found this: YouTube (It's funny as hell)

Did you mean Rise?
People tend to look at you a little strangely when they know you stuff voodoo dolls full of Ex-Lax.
Zidore

Post by Zidore »

hahaha! Try a website like animelyrics.com.
Freitag

Post by Freitag »

Zidore wrote: hahaha! Try a website like animelyrics.com.
They are full of fail for rise
People tend to look at you a little strangely when they know you stuff voodoo dolls full of Ex-Lax.
Zidore

Post by Zidore »

I could'nt beleive it when you said that animelyrics din't have the lyrics to rise! They have the lyrics to practically any anime I know! Try this:
http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/ghostshell/rise.htm
Freitag

Post by Freitag »

Zidore wrote:
I could'nt beleive it when you said that animelyrics din't have the lyrics to rise! They have the lyrics to practically any anime I know! Try this:
http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/ghostshell/rise.htm
I didn't say they didn't have them. I said they were full of fail.

The lyrics are Russian and they have attempted to render them in Romanji.

Fail.

Also, my word "rise" was a link to the same bad place you found.
Zidore

Post by Zidore »

Strange, I found it in english and russian both with an option for romaji. Well that's sad. For the lyrics you can try looking at the original cd covers for the english lyrics. That's all I can say! Sorry for the trouble.
John_234

Post by John_234 »

Living Inside the Shell

What an amazingly tranquil piece. It's the best ending theme, ever. And it just ties up SAC in a way that's so different from the downcast, grim mood, but quietly depressing in it's beauty. I'm probably not the only one that felt mildly depressed when the song started to grow faint and the track ended, am I?
"If I believe I have a ghost, I will." Is this true? That's quite a controversy.