For gawd's sake Motoko put on some pants!

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

Do you think Motoko Kusanagi should stop walking around the office in her pink pantysuit?

yes, she'll catch her death of cold.
8%
yes, have some dignity woman you're meant to be the thinking person's anime character.
39%
no, the pantysuit is perfect office and combat attire.
5%
no, the buttocks are so lovely they must be free.
34%
I couldn't care less
13%

Total votes: 38

marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Her pantlessness was one of the main reasons why I didn't really care for her as much there. Somehow in MMI it fit, but here, it just looked wrong...
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
alfonso2501

Post by alfonso2501 »

She seems more like the urban camouflage BDUs gal then the G-string type IMO.
Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Post by Saito »

Now here's a thing, just occured to me while I was musing over the latest replies. The Grey jumpsuit idea REALLY suits Motoko's style a lot better and she STILL looks hot in it. The same goes for Deunan in the Appleseed movies. It's more discreet and just as sexy, don't you think?
[MKFC] [BFC] [NINf] [BID] [TMDDFCA] [LMFC]
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
Chesire Cat

Post by Chesire Cat »

I certainly have no complaints about the major walking around in revealing attire. It is eye candy, and I am an admitted fanboy :D

But seriously, I never saw her 'provocative' wardrobe as too much of a problem. Sure it does catch your attention every now and then (maybe even more often for some people), but it doesn't really detract from the story, or dilute the quality of character development the first season was trying to achieve. It was just a small harmless fan service, nothing more. Even to those fans who don't exactly like the attire, I don't see any reason for it to be anymore than a minor nuisance. The series was still awesome.

I agree that her 2nd season attire was a tad bit more appropriate for the setting though. Even without having to show flesh every single second, the Major was still looking as sharp as ever. We fanboys were kept on a bit of a diet here, but hey, it still works for me. :P
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

I like her tan military dress uniform.

Welcome to the Shell Squad, Cheshire Cat!
Chesire Cat

Post by Chesire Cat »

GhostLine wrote:I like her tan military dress uniform.

Thanks a bunch Ghost :D
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

GhostLine wrote:I like her tan military dress uniform.

Cool enough, I have the figurine of her in that outfit, since they took it directly from the manga. So the doll's based after her manga looks (black hair, cuter face, but same sexy-ass outfit. :)

mm

Welcome Cheshire Cat.
Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

The one in my Avatar is the sexiest I think. It shows a lot of strength and still shows her curves.

But to me the sexiest version of her is in the opening credits to Second Gig
The Hokie Pokie "IS" what it's all About.
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Epiphany wrote:The one in my Avatar is the sexiest I think. It shows a lot of strength and still shows her curves.

Black trench with ashen black body suit? Definitely!

I still say her appearance in the first movie in the lolita dress was the best.

She oxymoronically looked extremely powerful, her face conveying even a sense of superiority, and slightly ensued fear. I thought that design was perfect.

Ironically it was the replaced of her also ugliest design. Instead of the girl, she was in a man's body that bared an uncanny resemblance to Michael Jackson! :(

mm
Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Post by Saito »

Epiphany wrote:The one in my Avatar is the sexiest I think. It shows a lot of strength and still shows her curves.

I'd agree with that, I think I made that point in the 'put some pants on' thread (not that anyone noticed ;)). It's more subtle, but still down right sexy and curvaceous.

I mean how can you not like this:
http://www.actionhq.com/store/images/im ... okoto1.JPG

:)
[MKFC] [BFC] [NINf] [BID] [TMDDFCA] [LMFC]
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Saito wrote:

I'd agree with that, I think I made that point in the 'put some pants on' thread (not that anyone noticed ;)). It's more subtle, but still down right sexy and curvaceous.

I mean how can you not like this:
http://www.actionhq.com/store/images/im ... okoto1.JPG

:)
It's pretty, but it doesn't do her figure justice.

mm
tso

Post by tso »

A slight derailment, but i was re-watching the first season, and noticed something.

Towards the end of the undercover mission at that place for "closed shell syndrome" sufferers (ep11), while they are waiting for Togusa to do his sketch, i could swear that Motoko is wearing the outfit from 2nd gig.
barney

Post by barney »

I`ve got to agree with Marto_Motoko on this one. I was hoping that the Major would be clad in something a little less revealing than her SAC1 attire, so my heart sank a little when I read the tagline "the sexiest cyborg in anime" - can`t remember just now if it was for 2nd Gig or the videogame - but you get the point.
Rien

Post by Rien »

Nothing wrong with fanservice, but I think they too it too far in season 1. I had a hard time taking her seriously dressed like that and I admire her teammates self control. It also gives people interested the wrong idea of GitS is about. At least, the staff made sure her personality was still important compared to other anime characters who eventually became nothing but fanservice. Still, it took me awhile eventually get used looking at a practically naked woman barking orders, kicking ass, and being philosophical.

I was so glad 2nd Gig toned down her outfit and gave her an overall better wardrobe(my two favorites are the trenchcoat she wears in the opening and the black suit/dress); a person can still be covered up and be sexy.

Just to be clear in case I might have given off the wrong impression, I'm straight, but I even I can see how beautiful Motoko is.
Non conformity is an illusion for the ego.