Solid State Society

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

MiNaeClem

Solid State Society

Post by MiNaeClem »

Ghost in the Shell SAC Solid State Society!!!
Production I.G is pleased to announce Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Solid State Society, the long awaited new chapter of the GITS saga.
The world premiere screening of the first trailer will take place during TAF 2006 at Production I.G booth D-02.

http://www.production-ig.co.jp/
Some things are too important to be taken seriously.
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Whoah, double threads. Although technically it belongs here, since it is SaC.

I find it awsome that this new project is going to be a SaC movie. We'll be able to see the trailer, hopfully, a few days after its realsed May 23.

Solid State Society.... hmm...

EDIT: Wait, I just noticed it says nothing of it being a movie. But what else could it be...
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

Wow, thanks for posting the new news of the new Stand Alone Complex, I just hope that Solid State Society features all of the regular characters and not a new set of characters. Maybe Solid State Society will be a full length season like the previous two SAC seasons or an OAV, me personally I am hoping that it will be a 26 episode season and Motoko has more screen time and a bit more episodes devoted to her.
Míxtil

Post by Míxtil »

Motoko2030 wrote:Wow, thanks for posting the new news of the new Stand Alone Complex, I just hope that Solid State Society features all of the regular characters and not a new set of characters. Maybe Solid State Society will be a full length season like the previous two SAC seasons or an OAV, me personally I am hoping that it will be a 26 episode season and Motoko has more screen time and a bit more episodes devoted to her.
I think it should haveless Motoko. More Saito dovelopment.
Lightice

Post by Lightice »

Some people have stated a reference on some Japanese site, that Solid State Society would be a 100 minute feature film. I haven't seen anything conclusive with my own eyes, though.
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

Lightice, I have read that same thing about Bandai Visual announced that SAC SSS will be a 100 minute film. I don't know what form I would like SAC SSS to be, a film would be a welcome change in SAC but an OAV or a full length series would also work for me.
Slipstream

Post by Slipstream »

Of course, I would prefer a series because of the high quality of the show so far. Movies and TV have their own timeline and I hope for them to stay that way.
Creator, Ghost in the Shell D20 RPG
www.serenadawn.com
Míxtil

Post by Míxtil »

I'd like a film. They way that they become alternate timelines, not just the show and the sereis.
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

If SAC SSS is a film, I would like it to be a film that is based after episode 26 of SAC 2nd Gig, like what they did with Full Metal Alchemist.
Lightice

Post by Lightice »

Indeed. If it'll be a movie, it will follow the SAC continuation. At this point it is utterly impossible to try to link Oshii's and Kamiyama's versions of GitS together.
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

I have some more news about Stand Alone Complex Solid State Society, it has been confirmed that it will be a 100 minute movie.
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Solid State Society will run for 100 minutes and be released this summer, according to Production IG's disclosure on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
This was taken from http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/
Lightice

Post by Lightice »

Interesting...Production IG's disclosure mentions something about the year 2034, so it seems that it'll jump 2-3 three years into future from the 2nd Gig...

My understanding of Japanese is still extremely limited, so I can't get much more info out of that page. Is there anyone around, who could do translation?
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

Seems like something to do with terrorists hijacking an airport and like you mentioned, some "puppet" code name involved! I'm very excited that this might be the famous Puppet Master we have been waiting for...
I'm quite certain that this is the "3rd SAC" hinted by Kenji Kamiyama. Maybe a TV special instead of a full season. He has been practising this fprmat of condensing stories with 2 DVDS- "Laughing Man" & "Individual Eleven". SSS story occurs 2 years after the refugee incident in 2034.

Got this from http://www.takotech.net/mshp
Míxtil

Post by Míxtil »

http://productionig.com/

Front page has changed.
100% brand new origional full lenght [sp] feture!
Whoppie.
james_sb

Post by james_sb »

This is going to get reallly confusing for people who are only coming in on it now.
Are you ANTI-POP?