HIDE

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

mrtodd

HIDE

Post by mrtodd »

Im curious to know whether anyone has heard of the japanese musician called HIDE. he does the vocals for "cream" on the be human album and i was wondering whether anyone knew anything more about his realeases etc than i can find on Wikipedia and his fan site..

and another thing that confuses me is that sadly he died in 1998 so did yoko kanno reuse vocals from one of his previous songs??
Jeni Nielsen

Re: HIDE

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

mrtodd wrote:Im curious to know whether anyone has heard of the japanese musician called HIDE. he does the vocals for "cream" on the be human album and i was wondering whether anyone knew anything more about his realeases etc than i can find on Wikipedia and his fan site..

and another thing that confuses me is that sadly he died in 1998 so did yoko kanno reuse vocals from one of his previous songs??
As far as I know this is a different HIDE. He writes his name in all caps. The singer from X-Japan is just Hide And then there's Hyde from Larku :) . So there are plenty of them out there :) I believe he's the same rapper who worked with Dragon Ash on their song Resound. In fact I'm sure of it.

He also does the vocals on Run Rabbit Junk. (This is how I figured out it was the same artist :) )
mrtodd

Post by mrtodd »

ahh kewl cheers for that

just had a long search but i canny find any more info about HIDE..

Dragon ash seem pretty good though. they did the ending song from battle royale so i know im going to have to get some of their stuff now! :roll:
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

mrtodd wrote:ahh kewl cheers for that

just had a long search but i canny find any more info about HIDE..

Dragon ash seem pretty good though. they did the ending song from battle royale so i know im going to have to get some of their stuff now! :roll:
The song they did for Battle Royale (shizukana hibi na kaidan wo) was a very far departure from what they've been doing recently. They're sorta newish-wave Japanese hip-hop. I've always felt they've had reggae influences, at least J-reggae influences. :)

Yeah it's hard to find info on HIDE when you either get Hide of X-Japan or things like "hide and seek" :)