S.A.C 2nd GIG Individual Eleven DVD

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

Motoko2030

S.A.C 2nd GIG Individual Eleven DVD

Post by Motoko2030 »

The S.A.C 2nd GIG Individual Eleven DVD was released in Japan on January 26th 2006, go to http://www.takotech.net/mshp//index.php ... dual_eleve for details and an image of the cover.
Main DVD:
163 minutes
Dolby digital (5.1ch stereo)
Single sided 2 layer
Ratio: 16:9

Bonus DVD:
30 minutes
Dolby digital (stereo)
single sided 1 layer

Retail price: 8,190 Yen (including tax)
Publisher: Bandai Visual

Produced in the same vein as "The Laughing Man" DVD released in September, this "Individual Eleven" DVD condenses the storyline in GITS SAC 2nd GIG into 160minutes movie form. Additional material and post recordings are introduced to tie up the plots. Additionally, a bonus DVD is included:
- Section9 Science File EXTRA Tachikoma Days
- 2nd GIG and Individual Eleven explained: "S.A.C. Archives"
+ 16-page booklet
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Awsome! Just like the Laughing Man one its likely that it'll make its way to the US. I'm surprised how late we're learning of this though, your slacking Motoko2030 :P
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Black Mamba wrote:your slacking Motoko2030 :P
:twisted: Watch your tongue, buster! This 'ere lady's gotten us more information about merchandise than anyone. Comments like that, and you'll have US after you, not her. :lol:

Motoko2030, thanks a ton for that link. Looks very very interesting. By the way, I know a stupid question but...has the Laughing man DVD come to US yet?
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

There was a news article about the Individual Eleven DVD before the boards crashed and then everything went silent until now. I am sure that the Laughing Man DVD will come out maybe sometime this year for us.
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Motoko2030 wrote:There was a news article about the Individual Eleven DVD before the boards crashed and then everything went silent until now. I am sure that the Laughing Man DVD will come out maybe sometime this year for us.
I'm guessing more than likely around May.
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Motoko2030 wrote:There was a news article about the Individual Eleven DVD before the boards crashed and then everything went silent until now. I am sure that the Laughing Man DVD will come out maybe sometime this year for us.
Hmmph. I honestly don't remember it.....

Hope you didn't take any offense to my first comment, I was only kidding. You are my only source for Ghost in the Shell related news, and I really appriciate it.
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

I didn't take any offense to it, the best site that I have found for all Ghost in the Shell and Masamune Shirow products and news is at http://www.takotech.net/mshp/
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Motoko2030 wrote:I didn't take any offense to it, the best site that I have found for all Ghost in the Shell and Masamune Shirow products and news is at http://www.takotech.net/mshp/
MSHP is perhaps the best scourse of anything relating ghost in the shell and shirow related things on the whole 'net! No doubt about it!
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

The English Production-IG has just added the Stand Alone Complex - Individual Eleven DVD at http://www.productionig.com/contents/wo ... index.html

This page just lists the Japanese release date of the DVD, so I am wondering if the English Production-IG site is nothing more than a translated version of the Japanese site and not dedicated to the English speaking countries.
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Thanks for those two links, always appriciated.

I've finally caught up and bought the three volumes of the 2nd gig and have been watching them like crazy. The whole Dividual, Individual, and Dual thing is hard to understand. I find it easy to just follow the series as a whole. For the Laughing Man, it was easy; but here I don't see how their going to compact the Individual Eleven story on DVD. I found this very helpful:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_in_t ... G#Episodes
Unlike the first season, the second season has three types of episodes denoting the type of episode. Each episode has two names, a proper title and a subtitle. The DI/IN/DU nomenclature denotes DI=Dividual, IN=Individual, and DU=Dual. Episodes designated DI are stand alone episodes not strongly tied with the other storylines, while those designated IN are tied in with the Individual Eleven storyline, and those designated with DU are tied with the Cabinet Intelligence Service & Gouda storyline (though the two storylines are interelated)