Stand Alone Complex - The Laughing Man DVD

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

Motoko2030

Stand Alone Complex - The Laughing Man DVD

Post by Motoko2030 »

The English Production IG site has just added the Stand Alone Complex - The Laughing Man web page, I wonder if that means that Production IG will release The Laughing Man DVD in the US, the only date on that web page is the Japanese release date.

You can find the web page at http://www.productionig.com/contents/wo ... index.html
marto_motoko

Re: Stand Alone Complex - The Laughing Man DVD

Post by marto_motoko »

Motoko2030 wrote:The English Production IG site has just added the Stand Alone Complex - The Laughing Man web page, I wonder if that means that Production IG will release The Laughing Man DVD in the US, the only date on that web page is the Japanese release date.

You can find the web page at http://www.productionig.com/contents/wo ... index.html
More than definately in my opinion. Especially concidering the popularity of the show in US.
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Guess this answers my question that I asked in a previous thread. Good to hear it'll, more than likly, make its way to the US.

I'm a big fan of the Laughing Man story and can't wait to watch this movie. It'll also be cool to experience the story in a different way..... As long as they don't cut anything out.
MiNaeClem

Post by MiNaeClem »

I got excited. :) I very much wonder how will be the extra footages like...
Some things are too important to be taken seriously.
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

This is a quote of someone on the AnimeNation's forum asking Manga Entertainemnt if there are planning to release the Laughing Man OAV in the US.
"No plans as of yet."
If this is true, I hope that Manga Entertainment will change their minds and release the OAV version, I am pretty sure that people who loved the first season will get this to see all of the Laughing Man episodes on one disc with new scenes and dialogue.
Saito38

Laughing Man...Not finished?

Post by Saito38 »

I am a novice who just discovered SAC on Adult Swim last season. I was at a loss when the 2nd season began w/o a resolution to the "Laughing Man" affair. Are there episodes missing/not aired in US market or were they only released on DVD? I hope someone here can tell me what the situation is...
Lightice

Post by Lightice »

Hmm...Are you sure you saw all the episodes? I don't live in the US and don't know how Adult Swim handled the airing of the episodes, but having seen whole of the first season, it does resolve the Laughing Man case quite finally, at least in my opinion.
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

Regarding your question Saito38, all of the episodes that were shown on Adult Swim of the first season were on the DVDs with some scenes that were edited out of the episodes that were shown on adult swim are on the DVDs.

There is another SAC DVD out in Japan and hopefully in America and in Europe called the Laughing Man DVD, it takes all of the episodes that deal with the Laughing Man and puts them onto one DVD with some minor changes to the episodes, like the look of the Major being slightly modified, new dialogue for the previous viewed scenes.
Saito38

Post by Saito38 »

Thanks for the replies...

The last ime I saw the laughing man, he had given the major all the data to uncover the corporate and political power brokers around the "laughing man" plot. That led to the last episode where section 9 appeared to be on the verge of annihilation after a political double cross. Aramaki was forced to order them into an ambush. S9 was disbanded and its members on the run. I saw no other season one episodes after that.
Then, season two started and section 9 was back together...no explanation... dealing with "refugees".

That's why I thought I missed something. Did I?

I just want to be sure I really did miss something before I fork over the $$ for a DVD season box set or the DVD of the laughing man arc.

~ Thanks!
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

I think I know what you are talking about, Adult Swim aired the first season of SAC twice and on their second airing, they cut out I think it was the last two or three episodes (which is usually what happens when Adult Swim airs an Anime season twice)

So yes, you could have missed the last couple of episodes of the season, the official SAC website to go to for brief summaries and screen captures from the episodes is http://www.ghostintheshell.tv

I know that Comcast digital cable has a feature called On Demand and Adult Swim are airing episodes from the first season of SAC on Comcast On Demand.

The only way that you can watch the last remaining episodes of season one is to find the last two volumes for a cheap price.
Saito38

Post by Saito38 »

Thanks so much for the info! That finally explains why I was at such a loss.

I tried to set up the fileshare program Aureus but kept getting erros I could not resolve. It looks like I'm going to have to fork over the $24 and shipping to get the DVD since I have Dishnetwork, not cable. :(

On another note, you guys probably know this already but I'll post this link: http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/ghostshell/rise.htm Its the lyrics to the opening song in GiG2. I never realized that most of it was English! However, when I went to the site you gave me: http://www.ghostintheshell.tv and played it while I read it, it was obvious.
I liked the music in both season 1&2 ...sorta sticks in you head.
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

Saito38 wrote:Thanks so much for the info! That finally explains why I was at such a loss.

I tried to set up the fileshare program Aureus but kept getting erros I could not resolve. It looks like I'm going to have to fork over the $24 and shipping to get the DVD since I have Dishnetwork, not cable. :(

On another note, you guys probably know this already but I'll post this link: http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/ghostshell/rise.htm Its the lyrics to the opening song in GiG2. I never realized that most of it was English! However, when I went to the site you gave me: http://www.ghostintheshell.tv and played it while I read it, it was obvious.
I liked the music in both season 1&2 ...sorta sticks in you head.
Filesharing suXors... don't talk about it here. :)
cowboyfunk22

Post by cowboyfunk22 »

Motoko2030 wrote:I think I know what you are talking about, Adult Swim aired the first season of SAC twice and on their second airing, they cut out I think it was the last two or three episodes (which is usually what happens when Adult Swim airs an Anime season twice)
Thats what happened to me. I had followed from about half way through the season to the end. The last thing i saw was after they escaped from the section 9 building and batou arming himself. I thought it was the end.

When i went through buying all the dvds, i finally figured out that there was more. Those two episodes were a pleasant suprise.
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Those two episodes were a pleasant suprise.
I bet it was! I can just imagine how I'd feel if I thought the series ended there.