GitS Live Action Film News

Talk about the live-action Ghost in the Shell film here
GhostLine

GitS Live Action Film News

Post by GhostLine »

Rupert Sanders will direct GitS film for Dreamworks...previously directed Snow White & The Huntsman...THAT guy. No dates have been set..as he has several films in queue already...so we'll see....

New screenwriter as well...William Wheeler.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/01/rupert- ... reamworks/
Last edited by GhostLine on Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THYREN

Post by THYREN »

this is just terrible news. I really hope it won`t be him. Hopefully, it`ll never happen
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly ?

GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

Australian actress Margot Robbie (Wolf of Wall Street) is in talks with DreamWorks and Rupert Sanders for lead role. She is presently filming Tarzan film, playing Jane Foster.
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

IMDb lists Ghost in the Shell as officially in pre-production with Margot Robbie unofficially rumored to be in the cast.
Freitag

Post by Freitag »

She looks like a good fit for Project 2501
People tend to look at you a little strangely when they know you stuff voodoo dolls full of Ex-Lax.
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

Freitag wrote:She looks like a good fit for Project 2501
Yeah, really.

I really like her look all around...but it would be interesting seeing her take such a role of depth...that we all probably hope very much that Sanders will be able tackle. These people make some interesting points:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilwC6vybyaw
funknotik

Post by funknotik »

NOooo way dudes this is blasphemy! I think the only directors that can execute this properly are Chris Cunningham, Ridley Scott and maaaaybe, jj abrahams. They have proven sci fi track records. Also she has to be japanese, why not Rinko kikuchi she looks like the current Motoko from Arise. It has to be a japanese cast if it's a bunch of americans that would suck.
Freitag

Post by Freitag »

funknotik wrote:NOooo way dudes this is blasphemy! I think the only directors that can execute this properly are Chris Cunningham, Ridley Scott and maaaaybe, jj abrahams. They have proven sci fi track records.

Sarcasm is so hard to detect on the Internets. This was sarcasm right?
People tend to look at you a little strangely when they know you stuff voodoo dolls full of Ex-Lax.
GhostLine

BIG NEWS

Post by GhostLine »

Margot Robbie is out. It has been reported that Dreamworks just offered the role to Scarlett Johannsen for $10 Million.
Freitag

Re: BIG NEWS

Post by Freitag »

GhostLine wrote:Margot Robbie is out. It has been reported that Dreamworks just offered the role to Scarlett Johannsen for $10 Million.

Feh. She's OK I guess, but I can't see her as Motoko. She'll have to be a better actress than I presently think her to be in order to pull this off.

Although if I go in with low expectations I'm more likely to enjoy the show I guess. It's just that GitS has a whole vibe to it that is more than an animated cop show. Marvel recasting Nick Fury as a black guy actually helped reveal the character as different from his appearance. The difference between movie Motoko and anime Motoko really turns them into two different characters for me and I'm not sure I want to spend the effort to wrap my head around yet another GitS universe (what are we at now, like four? Manga, Movie, anime (SAC, 2nd Gig, SSS), Arise
GhostLine

Re: BIG NEWS

Post by GhostLine »

Freitag wrote:The difference between movie Motoko and anime Motoko really turns them into two different characters for me and I'm not sure I want to spend the effort to wrap my head around yet another GitS universe (what are we at now, like four? Manga, Movie, anime (SAC, 2nd Gig, SSS), Arise
I would def. be a whole new incarnation, a fifth one at that, but there is also going to be a sixth interpretation as I.G. announced a new animated feature film...so GitS is still alive and well as a franchise, but I always often wondered why it feels so niche?

As for Scarlett, she could probably pull off the rational coolness of the Major, but I wonder how well she'll portray the depth we all hope to see. She has already proven she can work in an action film context...i.e Marvel films & Lucy. But, it will be interesting to see how they'll approach her playing what is typically known as a Japanese role.
GhostLine

It's Happening!!

Post by GhostLine »

Ghost in The Shell Live Action film has been greenlit and has been officially listed as in pre-production. Scarlett Johansson has finally agreed to star. Directed by Rupert Sanders and script by Bill Wheeler.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/scarl ... 201320788/

I hope everyone is doing well.
funknotik

Post by funknotik »

Just saw the news and came to post here. I think if they stick to the originall 1995 versions as closely as possible it can work out with Scarjo. Although the major is originally japanese, her body is purely synthetic accept her brain so she and batou can probably pass with foreign (american or european) actors. But I pray to the film gods that they make the entire rest of the cast japanese. There are so many good japanese actors that deserve to star in a movie like GITS, that has embedded in it so many uniquely Japanese characteristics.

Happy new year guys hope all is well. Did you happen to see the GITS online game in the works?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYucNjpnXHg
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

funknotik wrote:Happy new year guys hope all is well. Did you happen to see the GITS online game in the works?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYucNjpnXHg
Wow, I thought the game was dead in the water after no news for so long. Looks interesting, but now it looks like a FPS shooter as opposed to a hacking-style game as originally advertised. Still looks like fun.