First 8 Minutes of Arise released!

Here you'll find news and tidbits about the upcoming Ghost in the Shell anime "Arise"!
Freitag

Post by Freitag »

Pretty cool. I'm really looking forward to this. The animation is smooth and engaging.

I loved the "prosthetic body" fight where the Major was using the backhoe as an extension of herself.

Everyone except Togusa looked younger to me. Togusa had more lines on his face though and seemed older, both than his representation in SAC and than the other characters.

All the Surface product placement was annoying. Perhaps I'd have missed it if I didn't know it was going to be there. But I do; so it jumped out at me everywhere.
People tend to look at you a little strangely when they know you stuff voodoo dolls full of Ex-Lax.
Ghostless

Post by Ghostless »

I just bought my tickets for the avant premiere next friday....I'm not going to spoil myself 8)
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Ghostless wrote:I just bought my tickets for the avant premiere next friday....I'm not going to spoil myself 8)
Envy is the smallest way to describe how I feel. >_<

I really like the animation style. I can't say I'm a fan of the facial portrayal of the characters, reminds me quite a bit of Oshii's faces from Sky Crawlers oddly enough.

The fight was well choreographed, and the small display of the scope of Kusanagi's power is great. I don't like people calling her a hot-headed kid. It's VERY drastically different from the major I am used to, and it's not as sharp even for a hot-head as the Major from the manga.

I'm excited to see the final product and see what it turns out like.

mm
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
Ghostless

Post by Ghostless »

Just saw "Ghost Pain" yesterday, The 2D animation is STUNNING with 3D intellingently used!! Screenplay was interesting although I'm the kind of fan who needs a couple of viewing to grasp the gist of a subtile GITS Plot lol

There is a little reference to the first 1995 movie during the last fight scene,the ova's fight scenes are all very well handled and done

It was a bit unusual to see the Major getting "bullied" at times & a little bit of fan service but other than that,nothing really troubling.

Music was good but not "exceptional" like Kawai's or Kanno's works,I've always felt something transcendental about GITS's music but less on Arise,or "Ghost Pain" at least

Next Border is called "Ghost Whispers"
THYREN

Post by THYREN »

Ghostless wrote:I just bought my tickets for the avant premiere next friday....I'm not going to spoil myself 8)
COOL! Would be great if you could share some pics of the people there. I wouldn`t be surprised if you saw some nice cosplay.

Wasn`t the world premiere in Paris btw?
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly ?