Wondering if there is any anime similar to GITS.

General discussion about Ghost in the Shell

Moderator: sonic

marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Lightice wrote:
marto_motoko wrote: Evangelion was an excellent series. :? If only the finale movie wasn't so.....bizarrely messed up.

Personally I loved he scenes with giant Rei," Kom Susser Tod" playing in the background. I'm just a sucker for wierd surrealism. :roll:
I can understand. Personally my favourite scene was the very very last one. Asuka getting choked, and when her only words before he stops 'You're disgusting..', whithout even changing her expression. When they were just sitting there and they showed the behind shot, and you could see Ray's head, it just made me do that very childish 'Whooaa...' that's typical for cool things. :P
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
AJB2K3

Post by AJB2K3 »

Am i blind or has noone mentiond Shirow Masamune Appleseed
Donshonto

Post by Donshonto »

I'm not sure. Lain was trippy. I didn't watch all of it. The portrayal of Michael Jackson as God made me just screw the idea of watching the rest.

I never did like NGE. Got way too emo for me. I hated the characters. The scifi in it is cool and all, but the emoness is too much for me. I' like characters with interesting personalities and stuff, not the troubled kid with the bad relationship with his noncaring father, but that's just me.

And the "CONGRATULATIONS!" part at the last episode, killed it for me.
Elmo

Post by Elmo »

Donshonto wrote: I never did like NGE. Got way too emo for me. I hated the characters. The scifi in it is cool and all, but the emoness is too much for me. I' like characters with interesting personalities and stuff, not the troubled kid with the bad relationship with his noncaring father, but that's just me.
YEY! me too :) it's hard not liking NGE when everyone else in the world seems to love it. :wink: IMO they dragged out shinji's personality defects out too long and i found myself getting irritated with the characters and just waiting for the next giant robot fight...
Joseph Cambell wrote:Myths are public dreams, dreams are private myths.