Next Form of Gits

General discussion about Ghost in the Shell

Moderator: sonic

In what shape do you want to see GITS next?

3rd GIG of course!
61%
As a new GITS Movie!
14%
As a new Manga by Shirow!
18%
As a brand new video game!
No votes
Perhaps a new novel?
4%
That's enough GITS for me...
4%

Total votes: 28

MiNaeClem

Next Form of Gits

Post by MiNaeClem »

I guess we all want to see gits again. However what type of GITS do we exactly want? I'd vote for a new series as a 3rd gig myself... So what do you want to see?
Some things are too important to be taken seriously.
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

I would like to personally see Stand Alone Complex 3rd Gig, which will come out in the near future, but it is unclear of what format it will be in, by this I mean that it could be an OAV, a 13 episode season, a 26 episode season or it could also be a film, we will have to wait and see on what SAC 3rd season will look like.

As fans wanting a new novel coming out great news, Dark Horse Press has announced that they are making a Stand Alone Complex novel called Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Volume 1 : The Lost Memory and you can find the link to the novel at http://www.dhpressbooks.com/profile.php?prodid=13-466
Jigabachi

Post by Jigabachi »

I also want to see the 3rd GIG. Always prefered series over movies.
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Kool thread.

I would like to see a 3rd gig. But more than anything I'd like the dubbed version of Innocence to come out in the US (R1).
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

I agree with Jigabachi. I've always liked the TV series better. 3rd Gig all the way. :)
bobert2999

Post by bobert2999 »

3rd gig without a doubt!
"Knoledge without apllication is useless. But the ultimate application, is the use of knoledge..."

half me, half manga technique book i read once
Lightice

Post by Lightice »

I agree with the rest - the 3rd Gig would be the best thing to see, at the moment.

But some time in the future, I'd like to see a movie made of the Man-Machine Interface and it should not be directed by Mamoru Oshii. Not because he's a bad director - he's great - but because his vision of GitS is so different from Masamune Shirow's.
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!
Gillsing

Post by Gillsing »

A 3rd GIG would be awesome, but a new GitS manga from Shirow would be even better, so that's what got my vote. 8)
Recommended cyberpunk:
ImageImage
Lightice

Post by Lightice »

Gillsing wrote:A 3rd GIG would be awesome, but a new GitS manga from Shirow would be even better, so that's what got my vote. 8)

Damn, a blind spot. I should have voted for that, too...I just taught it so far fetched, that I ignored the whole possibility and didn't even notice the option on the poll...
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!
MiNaeClem

Post by MiNaeClem »

Well I'm sure everybody would like to see Ghost in the Shell in any form as long as it is Ghost in the Shell. However according to I.G. interview: Although I.G would like to produce a third Ghost in the Shell movie, Mamoru Oshii, the director of the first two GITS movies, is not interested in working on the project any further. There are no plans to produce any more episodes of the Stand Alone Complex TV series. :cry: Things changed since July so I think their minds will change in time too, let's not lose hope.
MiNaeClem

Post by MiNaeClem »

want a sequel to the first anime that really feels like a sequel to it.
I agree with that and I also love Aramaki's political maneuver scenes.

By the way I never thought smone would vote for enough Gits... :cry:
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

MiNaeClem wrote:Well I'm sure everybody would like to see Ghost in the Shell in any form as long as it is Ghost in the Shell. However according to I.G. interview: Although I.G would like to produce a third Ghost in the Shell movie, Mamoru Oshii, the director of the first two GITS movies, is not interested in working on the project any further. There are no plans to produce any more episodes of the Stand Alone Complex TV series. :cry: Things changed since July so I think their minds will change in time too, let's not lose hope.
The 2nd gig only just started to air in the US, so if a 3rd gig will be announced, it won't be for a while.

I also second a MMI movie. I haven't read the manga, I intend to, but I hear its has some awsome art work. If only that could be incorporated into a movie. Although the complicated plot(s?) may turn I.G. or other producers off.
simon's ghost

Post by simon's ghost »

I voted for a movie though I know it's unlikely so far. 3rd Gig seems like a longshot at this point. A MMI movie seems of little interest to me since the action is almost completely limited to visual representation of hacking and ghost hacking. To me MMI seemed like the intermediate part between two really good stories, a sort of prequel to the real sequel to GitS, so antother manga would be great if it got back to some kind of a physical reality. (sorry I was not a big fan of the repeated depictions of ?motoko's? crotch - and btw I sure found the reasons given by Shirow for the constant nakedness to be completely absurd, almost childish) I was somewhat disappointed by Innocence too. I still think it's a good movie, but I feel the jump from one timeframe to another for something that is supposed to be a sequel was a poor decision and really wonder how it came to be made. It sort of felt like Highlander 2 & 3, (I am not actually comparing those to GitS) a "sequel" set in an earlier time frame... Anybody actually in favor of that with good arguments? Or is that for another thread?
Oh well.
Spica

Post by Spica »

Being the fan of Shirow's artwork that I am, I would, of course, like to see a third manga (or fourth if you count GITS 1.5). As far as I know, he hasn't made any mangas since MMI and it would be nice to see any new manga (GITS or otherwise) by him. I know I've said it before, but what I'd really like to see is a conclusion to the Appleseed saga.
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
-Hamlet
Elmo

Post by Elmo »

I voted for a new movie even though I would love to see GitS return in any those forms bar the game. Even better if it was a Oushii work, I may need to hold him at gunpoint while he hand draws each frame himself. :twisted: