Olduvai Station RPG Forum

General discussion about Ghost in the Shell

Moderator: sonic

Kojima

Olduvai Station RPG Forum

Post by Kojima »

Okay, I know this isn't Serena Dawn Spaceport, but I have my own RPG board that is a work in progress called Olduvai Station. I borrowed a template from a free css site and I am doing my best to customize it... Unfortunately, It has been so long since I've worked with html and CSS, that I have been out of it so I don't exactly remember and to an extent, even know what I am doing at the moment. I do, however, have it registered under my name Kojima, being the board administrator, but I am still working out the some of the bugs.

Man, I need to brush up on my web design skills a bit. I am so out of date here. I got the basics down, I just need help putting it together and laying it out properly. I gave slipstream a link to check it out, but it's still incomplete so if you guys want, you can take a sneak peak. It still needs a lot of work and I know it could be better, but if you guys don't mind helping me out, I will personally thank you and add you somewhere like in the credits.

So, what do you guys think?

http://s15.zetaboards.com/Olduvai_Station/index/
"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves." -- Lao Tzu.
Freitag

Post by Freitag »

It's not rendering well for me. The forum is at the "top" and then there is a bunch of text at the bottom with stuff about definitions, ordered and unordered lists.

Wow, copyright 1850 - 2006! ;)

I've done some web development work, but my weakness is in design. If someone else makes a layout I can make a page look like that. I'm just now learning the "mobile first" design philosophy so I'm still better at laying out things that are to be viewed on a traditional screen (which I also find easier to read). Short version is that I can help...

Haha - in the code I found this:

Code: Select all

<!-- /*
<script language="javascript"></script>

*/ #### off Norton -->

Although I have not used WordPress, there is a friend of mine that speaks very highly of it. Specifically for the configurability.
And they do have a forum plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/website-toolbox-forums/
People tend to look at you a little strangely when they know you stuff voodoo dolls full of Ex-Lax.
Kojima

Post by Kojima »

huh... I never noticed that before... Weird.

Also, how the hell do I miss that date? I'll fix the date soon, trust me.
Anyway, yeah like I said, this is definitely a work in progress, so give it time, it'll be better eventually.
"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves." -- Lao Tzu.