GITS RPG Forum?

General discussion about Ghost in the Shell

Moderator: sonic

Kojima

GITS RPG Forum?

Post by Kojima »

It's an idea inspired by Slipstream. I know the site isn't exactly working and even active anymore. It's not exactly anything new either, since Serena Dawn (like the name) has done it first, but I wanted to make a forum that caters to Ghost in the Shell style Role-Playing. You guys think it's cool. It'll probably borrow alot from Slipstream's site and I don't know if he'll be cool with it, but it sounds like something cool to do. Just saying. :)

If you don't mind, it'll be run on Zetaboards, Unless you guys suggest running them here on these forums... I doubt that, but I am not that sure about what I just said either, so...
Anyway, What do you guys think of the idea? Is it good or is it a bad idea?
"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves." -- Lao Tzu.
Freitag

Post by Freitag »

I'm neither for nor against the idea, but with all the site attacks going on around the web I'd say pick a forum software that is maintained and keep up with the patches.

Is there a MOD for phpBB that allows one forum to share content from another? You might be able to provide an additional portal for Serena Dawn rather than competing with them.

Am I looking at the wrong place?
http://www.serenadawn.com/forum
I get an error 404 when I click the FORUM link (on the top at the right) from
http://www.serenadawn.com/GhostintheShellRPG.htm
People tend to look at you a little strangely when they know you stuff voodoo dolls full of Ex-Lax.
Kojima

Post by Kojima »

Freitag wrote:I'm neither for nor against the idea, but with all the site attacks going on around the web I'd say pick a forum software that is maintained and keep up with the patches.

Is there a MOD for phpBB that allows one forum to share content from another? You might be able to provide an additional portal for Serena Dawn rather than competing with them.

Am I looking at the wrong place?
http://www.serenadawn.com/forum
I get an error 404 when I click the FORUM link (on the top at the right) from
http://www.serenadawn.com/GhostintheShellRPG.htm
There have been a lot of attacks recently around the web, but I believe that most of them were aimed towards massive websites like facebook, twitter, instagram, etc... Big sites with probably a lot of personal data on +500,000 people is probably the ones that got attacked a lot. It's rare to see very small websites get hit by these attacks. Although there's always the occasional prick of a hacker who gives the site administrator a bad day, I guess.

Also, I don't know about anything that can attach itself with Serena Dawn Spaceport, but I was able to find (I guess) his e-mail address and I'll go and see if I can ask him to help out with ideas on how this goes. There was never any intention to compete with Serena Dawn, more like co-op rather than compete. I'd like him to help me, not trying to outdo him. Unfortunately, as nice as the idea sounds, I'm a bit of a neophyte so I need a little help along the way to see if this plan goes together without a hitch.

and It's alright my friend, it's not just you... I think his site is down because I tried going to the forums myself and they always display a 404. I don't think they work anymore. All of the other pages seem to work on that site, but the forums section of the site seem to be out of business.
"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves." -- Lao Tzu.
Kojima

[UPDATE]

Post by Kojima »

Well, I just tried getting in contact with Slipstream by any means possible and I don't think he's even online anymore, apparently even on a computer. Is he even active anymore here?

... Probably not, but what's the point if I can't get in contact with him. I already tried E-mail for some reason and that was a dead end right there. At this point, asking him is sort-of impossible if I can't reach him.
Freitag

Post by Freitag »

I checked the webpage whois information. It is anonymized, but his web host may still be able to get in touch with him and their phone number is in there.

Domain Name: SERENADAWN.COM
Registrar: ENOM1040, INC.
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 1496
Whois Server: whois.enom.com
Referral URL: http://www.enom.com
Name Server: NS7.YOURHOSTDNS.COM
Name Server: NS8.YOURHOSTDNS.COM
Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/eppclientTransferProhibited
Updated Date: 02-jan-2012
Creation Date: 01-jan-2002
Expiration Date: 01-jan-2020

Last update of whois database: Sun, 11 Dec 2016 01:30:11 GMT

The Registry database contains ONLY .COM, .NET, .EDU domains and
Registrars.

Domain Name: SERENADAWN.COM
Registry Domain ID: 81831244_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server:
Registrar URL:
Updated Date: 2016-04-13T16:38:28.00Z
Creation Date: 2002-01-01T19:42:03.00Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2020-01-01T19:42:03.00Z
Registrar: ENOM1040, INC.
Registrar IANA ID:
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://www.icann.org/eppclientTransferProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: DOMAIN REGISTRATION
Registrant Organization: WHOIS PRIVACY
Registrant Street: 5000 ARLINGTON CENTRE BLVD
Registrant Street: BUILDING 2
Registrant City: UPPER ARLINGTON
Registrant State/Province: OH
Registrant Postal Code: 43220
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: 1.6148591173
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax: 1.6142220078
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: WHOIS_PRIVACY@MYHOSTCENTER.COM
Registry Admin ID:
Admin Name: DOMAIN REGISTRATION
Admin Organization: WHOIS PRIVACY
Admin Street: 5000 ARLINGTON CENTRE BLVD
Admin Street: BUILDING 2
Admin City: UPPER ARLINGTON
Admin State/Province: OH
Admin Postal Code: 43220
Admin Country: US
Admin Phone: 1.6148591173
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax: 1.6142220078
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: WHOIS_PRIVACY@MYHOSTCENTER.COM
Registry Tech ID:
Tech Name: DOMAIN REGISTRATION
Tech Organization: WHOIS PRIVACY
Tech Street: 5000 ARLINGTON CENTRE BLVD
Tech Street: BUILDING 2
Tech City: UPPER ARLINGTON
Tech State/Province: OH
Tech Postal Code: 43220
Tech Country: US
Tech Phone: 1.6148591173
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax: 1.6142220078
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email: WHOIS_PRIVACY@MYHOSTCENTER.COM
Name Server: NS7.YOURHOSTDNS.COM
Name Server: NS8.YOURHOSTDNS.COM
DNSSEC: unSigned
Registrar Abuse Contact Email:
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone:
Additionally you might be able to reach the web page programmer

From - http://www.serenadawn.com/design.html
Slipstream is responsible for the content of this site. We worked together to create the new look. He did the creative part, I did the implementation and coding part. I'm particularly happy with it. I also played in Pathfinder, Aliens and Amethyst. I am credited for quotes on various pages as Brown, Heather, Bjorn, Maller and Aiden. Brown is me, Heather and Bjorn were my characters in Pathfinder, Maller was my character in Aliens and Aiden is who I play in Amethyst.

I think that the owner is Chris Dias
http://www.gamershavenpodcast.com/ghreg ... hris-dias/

And I think you can find him on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dias-Ex- ... noscript=1

I was kicked off FB for not using my real name, so I can't contact him (they wanted what amounted to an identity theft starter kit to let me back in)
People tend to look at you a little strangely when they know you stuff voodoo dolls full of Ex-Lax.
Kojima

Post by Kojima »

HOLY CRAP! :shock:

That's better than what my effort amounted too. Okay, this might help, I guess. Well, better get started.

Anyway, so you're saying I should talk to Chris Dias? Not sure how to do so, but I guess I will eventually try.
Freitag

Post by Freitag »

Yeah, I do this that Dias guy is Slipstream. I'm not 100% on it, but I'm like 90% sure.

And if you approach Dias with something like "Hey, I've been looking at this GitS RPG that I found on serenadawn and I was hoping to make a connection to the author and or site owner...." if Dias then is not he may know who is - I've not seen that RPG hosted anywhere else. Every link I find points back to serenadawn.
Kojima

Post by Kojima »

Well, I just found a mutual friend of ours, Chris Dias... That guy is Slipstream! He's even got a youtube channel and I was able to talk to him very friendly over email, which is lucky it was easy to find for me at least, because I was getting worried. I don't know why it took me so long though, but I talked to him about my "idea" and he's actually interested, I think.

Unfortunately, still struggling with trying to set up CSS, HTML and Javascript right now, but I am pretty sure if all goes well, It'll be alright. 8)

Well, Freitag, brace yourself... There may be a new forum on the way.
Freitag

Post by Freitag »

:D
Kojima

Post by Kojima »

UPDATE: I have made, actually, some vast improvements since I registered it and the forum is still in its infancy. I made it look cooler and if anybody wants to sneak a peak on its look, you may.

LINK: not available anymore... Sorry. :(
Last edited by Kojima on Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kojima

*** UPDATE ***

Post by Kojima »

I have finally kept my promise, after such a rediculous hiatus and wanted to say, I opened up my own site on proboards called ghoistintheshellrp.boards.net and no joke, it is a site that is open for business. 8)

http://ghostintheshellrp.boards.net

That is the link to the site and I will be working on it. it will take a bit however, because I am busy with another forum I am working on and i was hoping all of you guys were interested. I just got into a training program and was getting paid finally, so I was very busy and my apologies for the wait. :D