Maybe
No votes
Absolutely NOT!
No votes

Total votes: 3

Kojima

Ghost in the Shell Fan Film?

Post by Kojima »

I was wondering if it were at all possible to create a Ghost in the Shell Fan Film? I know it would be incredibly difficult since they're owned by a Production I.G. Especially since they're trying to make a live-action GITS movie. I won't make a Fan Film of GITS while the live-action version is still under production.

Simply, the Film would be for fans, not to make profit, but then I'd still be worried about Production I.G would blow me away cause the film might infringe on their copyright, but I bet I could do it without causing too much a scene. What do you guys think?
"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves." -- Lao Tzu.
Freitag

Post by Freitag »

I vote awesome, but warn agonist studios that hate such things.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-es ... fan-903497
People tend to look at you a little strangely when they know you stuff voodoo dolls full of Ex-Lax.
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

I think a fan film would be very cool.
I know there have been some fan-projects in the past...such as the 2501 photo project which recreated scenes from 1995 GitS http://www.gits2501.com/ , and that hadn't been shut down as far as I know.
Some Argentinians put together a fanfilm "Project Valkyrie" for Robotech (original Macross-hybrid edit), but they were given a cease and desist order to stop releasing episodes on YouTube when Paramount was planning to do a live film. Now that Sony is at the helm and is having James Wan direct (likely after Aquaman)...who knows?
I think fans will love it. I doubt Production I.G will raise a stink...more likely, it would be DreamWorks or Paramount who are co-producing. Paramount just doesn't like anyone touching their things, to quote Moulin Rouge: https://youtu.be/YLqXH95rye4
Kojima

Post by Kojima »

Thanks, I am glad you guys like the idea. 8)

I was having many thoughts about the concept and I thought it would be a cool attempt.
"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves." -- Lao Tzu.
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

It's such a big world of which we have only seen a sliver...so fan created material I think would be fun. In fact, during the release of ARISE, Production I.G encouraged a series of short films entitled "border.less" project that were supposed to be in the GitS universe