Pitiful?

General discussion about Ghost in the Shell

Moderator: sonic

Deaf Mute

Pitiful?

Post by Deaf Mute »

I do concede that I am late coming but wow, this is the only semi-interesting forum I could find on the internet and it is completely dead? is there another?

Since my assertions lead me to believe that the philosophical undertones of this show are so vast & infinite to ever be properly handled by one forum, I can only conclude that either A: you are all far too incapable of expanding on the most in-depth notions in this show or B: GITS has fallen from popularity and is thus boring/trivial to speak about..

Both are pitiful as hell and I'll try not to be arrogant enough to assume A.

om
Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Post by Saito »

Okay I'll day a few things:

This forum is not dead, it just sleeps. From time to time an interesting post is made and we all chip in if we feel we can contribute.

I can assure you A is not true. The denizens of this forum are smart, witty and interesting people who are very capable of exploring the deepest parts of GiTS and it's meanings.

I don't think B is true either, GiTS is very popular still and I believe if a new production comes along we will have more material to explore.

You must understand that when a community grasps a topic which is only added to occasionally they will explore its depths and meanings until they feel satisfied then they may fall silent for a while until more things to discuss arrive.
[MKFC] [BFC] [NINf] [BID] [TMDDFCA] [LMFC]
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
Deaf Mute

Post by Deaf Mute »

I believe your point was refuted before you even started writing.

I thought the audacity of my post would light a fire under a few people's rears but it failed to, hence supporting my assessment.

Maybe sleeping is an* individual excuse for yourself :]
Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Post by Saito »

Maybe most people just don't want to answer such a pointless post, and prefer to sleep until more relevant or useful content comes along (as is the real case).

Quite trolling and go away if this is all you want to do.
[MKFC] [BFC] [NINf] [BID] [TMDDFCA] [LMFC]
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
Deaf Mute

Post by Deaf Mute »

Quite doubtful.

Trolling has no teleology, whereas my post does.

Don't be such a downer. If you're telling me that my disappointment in the depravity in interest of one of the greatest animes of all time is.. TROLLING, then it makes me even sadder that you're the only person responding :(

"Surely there can't be an over abundance of people dwelling within your memory burning with this overwhelming egotistical rightfulness."

-om
THYREN

Post by THYREN »

Of course you`re trolling! You`re just asking us to respond to your post, even though there`s nothing to answer!

If you want us to say something interesting, then do it yourself first, then you'll see by yourself if this forum is dead or not.

I wandered myself about this not so long ago, but I was wrong too. Marto is right, this forum is not dead, it`s just that there isn't enough new material to talk about so I would compare it to a vegetative state. But as soon as our sensors will detect the (possible) live action movie and/or a 3rd SAC season, I know for a fact that this forum will become quite active again...
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly ?

Deaf Mute

Post by Deaf Mute »

There's plenty to answer, both within the context of my assertion and within the actual show/movie/genre itself.

Why must I be labeled something you clearly lack the justification for simply because you both cannot think beyond the actual words written? -___-'

To relapse into an emotional state because I've "offended" the forum is nothing more than a deviation from the truth and even less of what I care about.

Motoko would be displeased!
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

What an odd thread.

Welcome Deaf Mute! If you look in our post history, you will find lots of stimulating conversations on GiTS, philisophy, world religion, technology...and other stuff. You are also more than welcome to post observations or theories yourself....
Deaf Mute

Post by Deaf Mute »

I appreciate the welcome. I do intend to ^.^
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Deaf Mute, i have been here since I was a child. Quite literally.

The moderator, and many others here are people I have had the pleasure of conversing with over many years, and in just two years, it'll be an entire decade. (the forum did crash once before)

None-the-Less, create conversation with questions you have, and from there I can guarantee you we'll have plenty to say. :)

And welcome.
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?