How to get new blood

General discussion about Ghost in the Shell

Moderator: sonic

marto_motoko

How to get new blood

Post by marto_motoko »

Alright, folks! I miss this place. So much so, that I'm going to try and make a little movement on our part to get this place repopulated.

After the last major crash, we lost a lot of blood from what was before the life of this place, and I'm sure a lot of them would return if only they knew about the reawakening of the site. Any idea how to reach some of them?

Any ideas on how to get some more, and actually not anyone, but a nice plethora of well-mannered, well-spoken people that have an I.Q. to begin with?

I want this place buzzing with the intellect it once possessed, because even though there's a few of us devout enough to come here, this place is for the most part still rather empty in comparison to the days of yore.

Ideas?

marto
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
Elmo_Redux

Post by Elmo_Redux »

I saw the thread title "How to get new blood" and came rushing in here prepared with my list of mafia contacts and blackmarket blood doners..
Ramzus

Post by Ramzus »

Thats kinda extreme, isn't it? :lol:
The divine medium who has descended upon the mortal world.
FainaruFantaji

Post by FainaruFantaji »

Maybe you should try to find new users. It`s hard, but not impossible. Although it`s actually my first day here so I don`t really know what was before, but compared to many other forums I see quite intellectual individuals here.
Elmo_Redux

Post by Elmo_Redux »

the extreme version of my plan involved vampires :P

To be honest I'm very much of the "if you build it they will come" viewpoint on this. We discuss the things we want to talk about and people who are looking to talk about that sort of thing will find us through google or whatever and if they think they'll like to join in then they will.

Of course telling other people who you think might be interested couldn't hurt.
Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Post by Saito »

We've had quite a few new members show up in the past few weeks, the forum is top of Google for the phrase 'ghost in the shell forum'. Elmo's right. The internet is a place where good stuff invariably floats to the top. We've got a good forum, with daily new posts, with pleasant and informed members and no jerks.

We're kinda like a Japanese tea-house on the net for people who like GiTS. Take off your shoes on the way in, bow to the people at the table and sit down and enjoy in the calm and peace of the place. I *like* forums like this, which is why I stuck at it even when this place was deader than dead.

I'm sure plenty other people will like it too. All we have to do is keep it this way through effective moderation and thoughtful posting.
[MKFC] [BFC] [NINf] [BID] [TMDDFCA] [LMFC]
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
AI

Post by AI »

You could always try renovating the forums, it might not be my place to say but these are some things that may help

Your own domain name
Some kind of theme other than the current generic forum one
[MKFC] [BFC] [TTAASI] [LDU] [LMFC]
"Who can gaze into the mirror without becoming evil? A mirror does not reflect evil, but creates it."
Individual Twelve
Location: British Summer Time, where everyone gets an hour less sleep.

Post by Individual Twelve »

Hmm... Couldn't say. Although I agree with Saito somewhat; at least the regular posters are nice and intelligent people. Really, all we can do is wait it out. Possibly inform the old members who disappeared that it's alive again... But I'd rather have the forum like this than filled with a bunch of half-brained jerks like the general YouTube populus.
[BFCP] [LMFC] [BID] [TA] [TOSFU] [AFC] [DDT] [ATC]
Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Post by Saito »

For the love of god don't post the site on digg.com then ;)
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
Individual Twelve

Or Stumble, for that matter. I expect loads of idiots use Stumble.
Saito

Post by Saito »

Loads of idiots use the Internet, and you can quote me on that one ;)
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
Individual Twelve

Saito wrote:Loads of idiots use the Internet, and you can quote me on that one ;)
True. Very true.
THYREN

Re: How to get new blood

Post by THYREN »

marto_motoko wrote:... I want this place buzzing with the intellect it once possessed...
Do you imply that the people who are still here don`t have any? :evil:

I`m kidding of course :lol:
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly ?

marto_motoko

Re: How to get new blood

Post by marto_motoko »

THYREN wrote:
marto_motoko wrote:... I want this place buzzing with the intellect it once possessed...
Do you imply that the people who are still here don`t have any? :evil:

I`m kidding of course :lol:
:P Of course you know that isn't what I meant. What I mean is, it isn't buzzing, now it's just feintly whispering in comparison. :( Y'get my drift?

marto
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

I know what you mean. not the long back and forths with more than a couple of people imputting their opinions. Not a lot of looking deeper into all the suttle meanings of everything
The Hokie Pokie "IS" what it's all About.